PDA

View Full Version : Biting the bullet & doing it...

mum2two
10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm going to give notice to the mum this week. (you prob remember my letter from the other day!)

When would you do it though. I have kids Mon, Tues & Weds. If I do it tomorrow, it'll end 4 weeks from tomorrow, so I'll have to the the little boy for the one mon in 4 weeks won't I? So thinking I'll prob wait til Weds, then it ends at the end of mum's working week.

If that's right, then keep your fingers crossed for me for Weds. I know she'll ask, or call me up to chat about why, and I'll end up getting nervous & blabbering... :blush:

Kelly x

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree with what you said, good luck for wednesday Kelly Hope it goes well xxxx

Trouble
10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
good luck for wednesday stick to your guns and youll be fine fingers crossed for you:thumbsup:

mrsbumbles
10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Good luck, i will be thinking about you x

deeb66
10-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Kelly

You should really give her the letter tomorrow as the notice period is 4 full weeks.

So if you give it tomorrow then the childs last day with you would be Wednesday 5th March.

Hope this makes sense

deeb66
10-02-2008, 07:34 PM
If you wanted to clarify the date with her then you could put in the letter something along the lines of.......

therefore XXXXX's last day with me will be Wednesday 5th March 2008.

sarah707
10-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Good luck! I hope it all goes as you want :D

tulip0803
10-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Good luck

Julia XX

angeldelight
10-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Good Luck Kelly hope it goes ok

Angel xx

oakie dokie
11-02-2008, 06:47 AM
good luck, not the easiest part of are work.

hazelx

miss muffit
11-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Good Luck K x

Monkey1
11-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Good luck! i have to do this to a parent after half term and i'm not looking forward to it!

lindylou
11-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Good luck Kelly
I have a really difficult little boy at the moment but cant bring myself to finish him so stick toit
Linxx

Mollymop
11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Good luck for Wednesday kelly. Let us know how you get on. XX

jaz
11-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Good luck Kelly, do let us know how it goes. I am half considering doing this to one family as the child upsets the other children in my care, and the parents keep paying late - no payment for this month yet :(

ruby
11-02-2008, 08:46 PM
oh good luck kelly
i think that is the worst part of our job lucky not had to do it yet

hope it goes alright

cathy and rachel

deeb66
11-02-2008, 08:55 PM
How did it go kelly?

Did you give her the letter today?....or are you waiting til Wednesday?

devoncm
12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
good luck, hope it goes the way you want it to.

will keep fingers crossed for you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marie

mum2two
12-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi all. No I'm being a wimp & doing it tomorrow!

I just know she'll ask why. I'm going to say it's a letter giving notice, and she'll say 'oh why...?'

I'm just going to say it's a number of personal matters, that I need to cut back as once these other 2 start with me in a couple of weeks, I know I am going to be even more tired and that I do want to take on a full timer, & if I do for Sept/Oct time then I'll have to give notice then for her 2 then, and I know she wants them settled before her youngest starts school in Sept.

She'll just have to accept that. I'm not going to go into any more, although she'll prob want more explanation etc. Thing is, as much as she is quite demanding, mum is lovely, and chats and friendly, which makes it so much harder...!

Will let you all know how it goes on Weds. I hope I'm freaking myself out more than I have too.

Kelly x

Banana
12-02-2008, 01:29 PM
good luck :D

be brave and stick with it.

xx

LittleMissSparkles
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
good luck tommorow xxx

deeb66
12-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Good luck for tomorrow

Hope it goes well

merry
12-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Good luck Kelly, hope it goes ok. I've done this once before and although I totally dreaded it, it wasn't as bad as I'd been anticipating.

:)

Cheeky Chops
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
good luck for tomorrow chuck!!! x

Spangles
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Hope it goes well tomorrow, I bet it does! Things aren't usually anywhere near as bad as you imagine they will be!

x

deeb66
13-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Just wanted to wish you luck for today.

I hope it goes well.

mum2two
13-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks all. Have just printed off the letter... :panic:

Will let you know how it goes. Hopefully not too bad. God I'm dreading it - can you tell! :eek:

Kelly x

deeb66
13-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I am sure you will be fine Kelly

Stand strong....and don't allow her to talk you out of it!

mum2two
13-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, I almost backed out again, (cos I'm such a wimp...:blush: ), but didn't.

I gave ther the letter, and said I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid it's a letter giving you my notice. She just looked at me & said 'Oh'

I said nothing to do with her or her kids, but I've just taken on 2 more for after half term, and looking at it, it's going to be a lot. And I have to pick her child up from one village playgroup at 12, then this new child at 12.15 from the next village, getting my 2 2yr olds out both times (and then back in again) Said I couldn't turn them away as they are full time, so a big chunk of money. Purley a business decision, that I have to lose the children who bring me in the least amount... Rambled on for ages, apologised loads... :blush:

She said 'yeah but my two do more hours than X & Y'. I said yes, but they are 2 kids 2 days in the hols, and then I said, well they don't actually they do x hours... she said 'oh I don't want to get into that anyway' :angry: Well you said it!!

I said if she gets really stuck I'll help her out for a bit longer, but she said, well no if you've given a date you don't want it going on & on - best to just end it. Then said she was prob going to have to look for something else for Sept anyway, as I can't take B on same days after school, but wouldn't know til Aug anyway.

Seeing as she said to me the whole point B was coming to be on a Mon was to get him settled for after school from Sept, why would she change in Aug...?

Anyway, done now. She was a bit peed off I think, & I do feel bad, but I've got to do what's right for me at the end of the day & these 2 weren't.

On a positive note, had 3 enquiries today - but I'll post a happier new post about these as this one's long enough... ;)

Thanks for all your advice & support.

Kelly x

Twinkles
13-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Glad you did it. When the initial bad feeling wears off you will be pleased you went through with it. Good luck with your other enquiries.

ruby
13-02-2008, 08:14 PM
glad that you have sorted it out you can now look forward

good luck with your new enquiries

cathy and rachel

deeb66
14-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Well done Kelly

I am glad that it went okish and that you stood your ground and didn't back down!

miffy
14-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Well it's done now and you have other new work to look forward to

Think you did well it is never easy to end a contract

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
14-02-2008, 06:59 PM
well doen hun, when I handed in notice the mum phoned me up that evening in tears I felt dreadful:( But it was the best thing I have ever done!!

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 12:48 PM
glad its sorted out and by the sounds of it she was gonna give you notice anywhay so good for you for doing it first xxx

Chimps Childminding
15-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Well done, you have been much braver than me! I wanted to end a contract for ages but because I had had the child's older sister for years felt obliged to struggle on with the little boy, (who was really hard work)! Anyway, just after Christmas I told the mum that I wouldn't be able to do two mondays a month (if it happened to be the monday her shift needed me - which had only happened three times in the last 6 months), two weeks later she told me she would have to leave as she couldn't work around those mondays! (made life easier for me) but have since found out that her new childminder can't do any Tuesday! and as it all happened so quickly I am guessing she was already looking elsewhere!

Anyway enough waffling - well done! I am sure you have done the right thing!!