PDA

View Full Version : Contact Book/Diary for 3 hours a week?

helenlc
06-05-2009, 07:38 PM
So I have those 2 little ones starting tomorrow - aged 4 and almost 2. They are only going to be with me once a week for 3 hours and 2 hours of that will be at the Toddler Group I run. They wont be having any meals with me, just a mid morning snack.

I therefore wondered whether its worth me filling in a daily diary for them? I dont want to use my BCMA book ones as it seems silly for 3 hours once a week.

I wondered about getting a little note book and sending that backwards and forwards to parents? I can list what they played with at Toddler Group and the snack we had. Also any WOW moments ie little one said a particular word and pedalled the bike etc.

And also how much EYFS do I do on these boys?

Thanks

sophiestars
06-05-2009, 07:43 PM
I would just use a little notebook to send back and forth just saying what they have been doing/eaten etc, also the parents can write in messages for you - as for EYFS you still have to do it but probably only need to do obs every couple of weeks or whenever they do something worth writing about! I sometimes just do an observation on something that I know I will be able to write a next step for! Make it easy for yourself we have so much to do already!

PixiePetal
06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I have a couple of children who only come once a week for 3 and 4 hours, term time only.

I have notebooks in their bags to write what we did (both days are toddler group days)

EYFS consists of loose leaf file, photo of activity at group and what I could follow with.

One of the children always rode on the bikes/cars and did not participate in craft activity. Now he comes willingly to table and enjoys creating lovely things there.
Other child is 2. She might play at the playdoh table with me so I may photo her doing something there with next step to try different tools.

Hope that will be enough. Can't do much with 3 hours, by the time I have got bus to town, toddlers, bus back and packed lunch, there's no time for anything else. :rolleyes:

helenlc
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks ladies - all information greatly received!!

I will take my camera tomorrow as its their first day with me and get some good photos.

singlewiththree
07-05-2009, 06:13 AM
I have a sheet of paper that I fill in for children who come just a couple of hours and just do brief obs, ufortunately mine wont let me take pics so its all handwritten.