PDA

View Full Version : Oh poo!!

rachelmarno
06-05-2009, 07:09 PM
hey,

I'm in the middle of my registration course! I was hoping to apply to ofstead as soon as I finished but i've just found something out that might halt my plans!! :(

Right now I live in the south of England, but I am originally from Northern Ireland! We plan to move back to belfast in feb 2010 and i've just found out that if I register over here I will have to re-register over there no matter what! I'll have to do the course again and everything!

I'm thinking there is no point me registering if I have to do it all again! :(

I'll continue with the course because I've paid for it... but feeling abit down about it!

Rach xx

Daftbat
06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Thats a bit of a shame but try to be positive and think of this course as being useful for the next. You will fly through everything in NI , you'll be a pro!:clapping:

Curly Quavers
06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
you need to do your course again?????? surely things can't be sooo different.

That is over 6 months away though a lot of money could be made before then :)

Mollymop
06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh that's a shame hun!!

I am sure you will be fine through the course, you will know more than the others there and I am sure the 6 week course(or however long it is) will soon be over and done with. xx

tulip0803
06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I moved from England to Wales and had the same problem. They debated making me do ICP again even though I had completed the CCP just before moving. And despite being OFSTED registered I had to re-apply and attend a breifing session (to tell me about childminding:rolleyes: ), a mentoring session, have new CRB checks, references, health declaration, social service checks and they wanted my OFSTED reports too. It took me a year from breifing session to getting my CSSIW certificate:( . SOme minders nearby registered quicker with no experience than I did because they did extra checks. If I decided to move back to England again I would Have to do the start up course again this time:rolleyes: .

They may accept the course the Welsh CSSIW did decide that I didn't have to do it again - and apparantly my application was the most thorough they had ever seen:rolleyes: possibly because I had been a minder for several years.

aly
06-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm never moving :panic::panic::panic:
although it may be quicker next time to it taking me 9 months to get reg'd.

misst104
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
:eek: [QUOTE=tulip0803;411921]I moved from England to Wales and had the same problem. They debated making me do ICP again even though I had completed the CCP just before moving. And despite being OFSTED registered I had to re-apply and attend a breifing session (to tell me about childminding:rolleyes: ), a mentoring session, have new CRB checks, references, health declaration, social service checks and they wanted my OFSTED reports too. It took me a year from breifing session to getting my CSSIW certificate:( . SOme minders nearby registered quicker with no experience than I did because they did extra checks. If I decided to move back to England again I would Have to do the start up course again this time:rolleyes: .

:eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

ORKSIE
06-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Well when you move and re apply you will be top of the class:clapping:

jibberjitz
06-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh no! You'd think it would cross over!:(

Demonjill
06-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Aww thats a shame and bit of time waste really.

Suppose if anything doing course here will give you the confidence and knowledge. When you move you will benefit from meeting new people.:)