PDA

View Full Version : Computer Time

Willowdancer
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Do you let your mindees go on MSN?

Ummmm...that's it really - sorry for the short post!

Ali
x

Roseolivia
06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
No but my mindee is only 7 and doesn't know about it yet.

TheBTeam
06-05-2009, 06:38 PM
No, but i don't let them on my computer either, usually because the parents say they spend more than enough time on it at home, or because at home they are not allowed to use it.

I don't want to have to please the parents, or spend time monitoring what they are doing on it, or run the risk they crash it, so the rule is no one on it!

Nix
06-05-2009, 06:39 PM
yes but with parents permission and as long as they don't mind me watching over their shoulder from time to time to keep an eye on them!:thumbsup: My older mindees spend time on the computer making web sites and videos!! Clever stuff...

Daftbat
06-05-2009, 06:44 PM
No. My husband absolutely hates it and we have had rows about our 16 year old going on it.

I let older mindees in hols go on internet to research a topic or play a game that i am happy with but thats it really.

FussyElmo
06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I let the older ones use the internet but any sites have to be vetted by me of the dh.

Dont allow them on msm and I have permission from the parents for internet use.

My older ones couldnt do their homework without the interent because some of it I dont know:blush:

sarah707
06-05-2009, 07:04 PM
The 5 year old goes on CBeebies for up to half an hour at a time...

The 8 year old roams about but I have K9 web protection so if he goes anywhere dodgy that barks...

The teens are allowed to use Messenger, Facebook etc so long as I am given their passwords and allowed to read whatever they put.

I have agreements with parents and fair sharing agreements with the children and the computer is part of our after school activities... a small part and especially useful when they are tired or won't go outside :D

Curly Quavers
06-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't let them,

If I had older ones they would be able to use my computer for homework only (no Internet) but then I am not going to let my DD's out till they are at least 21 so perhaps I am not the best person to answer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haribo
06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
mine dont really unless we are looking up something for homework the los i go on cbeebies with them sometimes but they are a bit young yet . its bad enough my two kids fighting over the laptop lol we dont get a look inwhen theyre in.. sometimes i say dh took it to work so i theres no arguments !!