PDA

View Full Version : Mindee's hours being cut

sarah32
06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I only have 3 mindee's

One has had a day cut already as grandparent having him and he is having another day cut in July as other grandparents having him a day.:(

I then look after 2 siblings and one is starting nursery in september, I have been told by mum on the way out today she is going to send her full time and I will no longer have her, only her brother.:(

What do I do now, she will still be one of my under fives as she will only be 3 still to december so ill have to look to replace her but I dont think mums thought about holidays. What should I tell her? that I will need a fee to keep her space open for holidays?

I cant afford to leave her space open for just holidays.

Its been very quiet on the enquiry front lately.

brillminder
06-05-2009, 03:45 PM
its a pain when you are settled then loose some, i have had before/ after child leave and another full timer going september , so big drop for me, . Why not mention holidays to see what they plan to do and if you have child charge a enharned rate if u have a space/ or charge a retainer. Is this a state nursery? good luck start advertising if you dont already :)

Pipsqueak
06-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I think you need to have a chat with mum and explain - just as you have here. Ask her what she expects for holidays and explain your position.

sarah32
06-05-2009, 08:16 PM
State nursery so she will have to pay for the afternoon session and after school club as 2 days she works till 5pm.

Do you think I should ask for a minimum amount of hours a day to cover vacancy??