PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok??

michellethegooner
06-05-2009, 11:49 AM
I took some lovely photos this a.m of mindee (16mths) playing with water, mixed with johnsons shampoo, n food colouring.

I observed her, painting the ground - CD - Exploring media & materials
making brummm sound with car -CLL - Language for communication
Washing hands & arms - PSED -self care
watched birds landing on bird table with great interest - KUW - place

Also have another of her trying on my dd high heel :laughing: - CD- developing imagination & imaginative play

Is this ok prop missed out loads, basically I am gonna stick photos with area of development underneath with a brief description of what lo was doing

huggableshelly
06-05-2009, 12:03 PM
sounds great I prefer to use pics instead of writing too and the children like to look at their pics rather than a page of text that means nothing to them.

michellethegooner
06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
sounds great I prefer to use pics instead of writing too and the children like to look at their pics rather than a page of text that means nothing to them.

Yh with pics I dont have to go into too much explanation, :laughing: just write/type a line then pop in folder lol

huggableshelly
06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
yep and its easier to flick back for reference too!

samijored
26-11-2013, 09:51 AM
HELLO, i AM ARRANGING MY FIRST SIX MONTH MEETING WITH ONE OF MY PARENTS TO GO OVER EVERYTHING AND WHAT I HAVE RECOREDED WITH MY MINDEE, I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES, WROTE A LITTLE NOTE EACH SIDE OF WHAT HE WAS DOING, HIGHLIGHTED IN THE SECTION WHAT AREAS ARE COVERED WITH THE ACTIVITY HE WAS DOING IN THE PICTURE. THEN AT THE BOTTOM I HAVE WRITTEN WHAT I OBSERVED WHILE HE DONE THE ACTIVITY IF HE (ENJOYED OR NOT IF HE FOUND SOMETHING TO HARD OR TO EASY) AND THEN IN A SEPERATE PART I WROTE IN WHAT I COULD DO IN THE FUTURE TO HELP ACHIEVE A GOAL OR WHAT I WILL DO TO MOVE HIM ONTO THE NEXT STAGE AND WHAT I WILL CONTINUE TO DO IF HE ENJOYED A PATICULAR ACTIVITY

DOES THIS SOUND OK IS THERE MORE I SHOULD ADD

SORRY IT IS ALL IN CAPITALS

Simona
27-11-2013, 10:40 PM
I took some lovely photos this a.m of mindee (16mths) playing with water, mixed with johnsons shampoo, n food colouring.

I observed her, painting the ground - CD - Exploring media & materials
making brummm sound with car -CLL - Language for communication
Washing hands & arms - PSED -self care
watched birds landing on bird table with great interest - KUW - place

Also have another of her trying on my dd high heel :laughing: - CD- developing imagination & imaginative play

Is this ok prop missed out loads, basically I am gonna stick photos with area of development underneath with a brief description of what lo was doing

It sounds ok but as the child is only 16 months I would concentrate on the 3 prime areas: PSED, CL and PD
The role play you could probably add to PSED

make sure you use the right terminology ...Ofsted will notice
CD as in Creative Development has been replaced by Expressive arts and design (Specific area)
KUW is now Understanding the World (Specific area)
CLL is now Communication and Language (Prime Area) then Literacy in Specific Area

See EYFS p4-5

Does it help?

SwanLake
28-11-2013, 07:24 AM
It sounds ok but as the child is only 16 months I would concentrate on the 3 prime areas: PSED, CL and PD
The role play you could probably add to PSED

make sure you use the right terminology ...Ofsted will notice
CD as in Creative Development has been replaced by Expressive arts and design (Specific area)
KUW is now Understanding the World (Specific area)
CLL is now Communication and Language (Prime Area) then Literacy in Specific Area

See EYFS p4-5

Does it help?

Simona you do realise the post is from 2009? x

Simona
28-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Simona you do realise the post is from 2009? x

Thank you for that ...No I totally miss that altogether
Teaches me to turn the computer off late at night!
Thank you