PDA

View Full Version : How Many Obs Per week??

hollybritten
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Hello there,
I know its not set in stone but on average how many obs do you do per week.

Plus do you fill out a load of activity planning sheets and then choose what activity you are going to do as and when?!?!

Thanks alot Guys

xx:) :) :)

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I do one photo/paperwork obs a month and then odd photo's from activities and post it notes on smaller noted obs.

Daftbat
06-05-2009, 06:49 AM
I do obs as and when i feel like to be honest. Its generally once a fortnight or so. Everything else gets covered in daily diary really.

Hooligan59
08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
My Ofsted inspector did not expect me to have done weekly obs! She seemed more than happy with my monthly ones!

wendywu
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I have been doing 4 photo written ones per month and lots of wow moments. I think i may be doing too much. :panic:

RainbowMum
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
I do a scrap book with aprox 1 page per months of photos & wow moments and one formal photo obs fully linked to eyfs with next steps per month. All my mindees are 1-2 days only - for a full timer I would prob do 2 per month

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I do one per week per child then evaluate them, with some ideas for planning.

At the end of the month, I then do next months activity planning

michellethegooner
16-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I do 1 per wk per child but depends really sometimes I can do 4 a mth another mth only 2,

SandCastles
14-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I do ONE observation a month for each child, plenty of WOW moments and daily diaries. I have only been CM for 4 months so I am easing myself in gently with simple planning and craft ideas.

ORKSIE
14-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I do Obs when I see something worth Observing.
Depends on the age of the child, you get more the younger they are, cos they do so many new things when they little:)

Nicky
15-06-2009, 06:18 AM
I do one ob per month on each child and then the scrapbook with wow moments etc in. Had Ofsted inspection last week and she said that one ob a month was fine and she wouldnt expect any more! I was relieved with this because that was the area that I thought Ofsted may want more on!
Nicky

angeldelight
15-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I do a few a month

It also depends on the child I think

One of my children at the moment is learning and doing heaps of new things so I have been doing lots because they are things that I could not miss doing

One or two a month would do though

Angel xx

mrs c
15-06-2009, 06:26 AM
I tend to take quite a few photos of activities/outings for their learning journal - parents love seeing these. I then briefly add what they have done and a brief observation linked to eyfs.

Toothfairy
15-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I do one a fortnight which works out around 2-3 per month per child, plus wow moments.

sweets
15-06-2009, 07:49 AM
i take photos of the things children do for there learning journey file and just use the NCMA stickers on the back to link it with EYFS and write a few lines with it. I used to do really detailed obs on a template sheet i found but when Mrs Ofsted came she told me they were too detailed and just a post it note woud do! I usually do 1 every fornight sometimes more sometimes less.