PDA

View Full Version : Rightly or wrongly i'm getting a Zafira

Jules27
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Well there seems to be a great debate about the Zafira, I desperately need 7 seats in my car and a Zafira is the only people carrier I could find after weeks of looking which was reasonably priced, good milage and good condition. Pick it up on saturday and am really excited!!!! My eldest son (6) is even more excited and keeps asking how many sleeps til mummy gets the 7 seater!!! Bless him!!!!:)

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 09:21 PM
One going cheap from a childminder who no longer needs it. Y reg and only 57000 miles on the clock - selling £2500 ono.

It is in Swindon, Wiltshire if that helps - just pm me for me details and contact number

huggableshelly
05-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I really enjoy mine ... it drives like a car feels like a car great on fuel only downfall I've found is boot space when all seats are in use but doesnt feel like a van like my old sharran used to do.

hollybritten
05-05-2009, 09:31 PM
My husband has a zafira and we only ever use it as a 5 seater as if you have car seats strapped into the middle lot of seats, you have to un strap them to move the middle seats forward so that other children can get into the back. Plus the boot space is pants. I got a Kia Sedona which has seats that you can actually take out so we have one taken out in the boot so there is space for bags and buggy.
xx

Megan
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
There are lots of blind spots in the Zafira, mine is new and I wish I had bought something else.

Megan

charleyfarley
06-05-2009, 06:09 AM
I love my Zafira Jules, it's an x reg and was an ex moblity car so milage was low, still only done 51,000 now.
Yes the boot is small if you have all the seats up but I can still fit in a single buggy in when I need all the seats.

It's exciting getting a new car, I would definately buy another Zafira, just need to win the lottery now:D

Carol xx

Blue Boy
06-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi i drive a Zafira and it is fine. The only down side as has been said is the size of the boot when you have got both back seats up, I can't fit a double buggy in the space. If you only need to put one of the seats up it is fine.
Must say I have not found many blind spots.

Mick

Demonjill
06-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Enjoy your zafira.:thumbsup:

Considering its only meant to be used for occasional 7 seating (bit like a sofa bed shouldnt be used as a bed all the time lol)i think they are fab especially as others say they drive like a car etc.

If you want lots of boot space you need to go up a notch eg galaxy, sharan, sedona etc and what you gain on size of boot you lose on running costs especially insurance and fuel. Good and bad points same as everything else in life :rolleyes:

new cars are exciting............ i want one lol:D

Curly Quavers
06-05-2009, 07:31 AM
It's very exciting getting a new car, I still only drive a 5 seater Picasso.

If you like it then that is all that matters :)

Hope you enjoy your new car :clapping: :D

tinkerbelle
06-05-2009, 08:26 AM
One going cheap from a childminder who no longer needs it. Y reg and only 57000 miles on the clock - selling £2500 ono.

It is in Swindon, Wiltshire if that helps - just pm me for me details and contact number

thats very expensive for a zafira i sold my 02 plat galaxy for £3000 you can get a zafira that old for around £1500 new ones where i live are £8000

FussyElmo
06-05-2009, 07:34 PM
thats very expensive for a zafira i sold my 02 plat galaxy for £3000 you can get a zafira that old for around £1500 new ones where i live are £8000

Can i ask where you live. We have been looking for a 7 seater and never seen a zafira that cheap :)

Alibali
06-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi i drive a Zafira and it is fine. The only down side as has been said is the size of the boot when you have got both back seats up, I can't fit a double buggy in the space. If you only need to put one of the seats up it is fine.
Must say I have not found many blind spots.

Mick

I love my zafira, and the mothercare side by side double buggy fits in the boot with all 7 seats up:)

Shar
06-05-2009, 07:55 PM
And me!! I love my Zafira, cheap to run, can fit my double buggy in boot with all 7 seats used, zuinny zapp in between the back car seats too, cheap to insure, cheap to repair, service, etc... Mine was a x-mobility car too, 17,000 on the clock and cost me £7000. Had it 3 years now and the interest on the car loan has been tax deductable, so no tax to pay for the last few years!! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. :thumbsup:

mushpea
06-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I have been looking at getting one of these and if look through the classifieds on ebay you can get one quiet cheap, they have some on there for around £1500, I was hoping to get one in time for the summer hols but my partner is now out of work so not so sure so if anyone knows of a firm essex/london way that needs a shuttering carpenter please let me know cause then i can keep my savings for my zafira:laughing:

jeanybeany
06-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I love my Zafira!!!!!!

Cazz
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I really enjoy mine ... it drives like a car feels like a car great on fuel only downfall I've found is boot space when all seats are in use but doesnt feel like a van like my old sharran used to do.

I've got a Sharan and I love it - doesn't feel like a van to me! It's a diesel and very economical although it was a little more expensive to purchase (it is an old one though). I would certainly go with a Sharan again -when I win the lottery it will be a brand new one!

My mum has recently bought a Zafira and it's a lovely car - she's had 7 people in and we were all very comfortable.

Enjoy your new car!

Carole x

Blackhorse
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
I am rather jealous now..
I would love to have a Zafira...maybe once I start earning again....I might treat myself..hihi...(or maybe my dp will win the lottery..)

enjoy your new car!!

Playmate
06-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I love my zafira, and the mothercare side by side double buggy fits in the boot with all 7 seats up:)

Thats interesting We took Micks car down to mothercare and tried nearly all the double buggys and they didn't fit! What model car and buggy do you have?

louloudi
07-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I've been trawling e bay looking for cheap zafira desperate for one as I went camping at the weekend and and now hooked.
currently driving a micra... can't get many children in that:(

Zoemum2four
07-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I also love my Zafia and i can fit my side by side twin in the boot with all my seat up......My car was also a ex mobilitiy car so also had very low mileage.....As for running cost very cheap, great on petrol and new part are very reasonable.....Would def buy a new one when the time come to up grade.:D

Louise_Oaktree
07-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I have just bought the silver cross pop duo off ebay and the lady who sold it had a zafira and she said the buggy fits behind the back 2 seats but I am still saving for my Zafira so will let you know! :blush:

She did say she uses the boot to gain access to the 2 rear seats when she has car seats in ;)

Alibali
07-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Thats interesting We took Micks car down to mothercare and tried nearly all the double buggys and they didn't fit! What model car and buggy do you have?

I have an 05 Zafira life and the mothercare polka double, it has straight handles instead of angled ones and I think thats what makes the difference.

It's like this only mine's blue

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mothercare-Polka-Twin-Pushchair-Double-buggy-stroller_W0QQitemZ250418047984QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL?hash=item250418047 984&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

tinkerbelle
13-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Can i ask where you live. We have been looking for a 7 seater and never seen a zafira that cheap :)

chesterfield derbyshire

Chell
13-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I love my Zafira, for the money it is excellent value IMO. I like that the seats fold down rather than have to be removed as we wouldn't have space to store the unused seats.

tammys-tots
14-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Well there seems to be a great debate about the Zafira, I desperately need 7 seats in my car and a Zafira is the only people carrier I could find after weeks of looking which was reasonably priced, good milage and good condition. Pick it up on saturday and am really excited!!!! My eldest son (6) is even more excited and keeps asking how many sleeps til mummy gets the 7 seater!!! Bless him!!!!:)

i love mine, although all the seats are not being used at the moment, its so much bigger than my last one. I think its the best pc you can buy at the moment. My friends also got one. The only problem is when i go shopping i have to put all my bags on the back seats.
Cant be bothered to put seats down.
Tammy