PDA

View Full Version : Back up care and sharing information

vix84
05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Hello, I was thinking today that I am going to try to meet a few other Childminders each week and hopefully use them if ever I am unable to work and they have space to take on one of my mindee's etc.

Should I photocopy an extra of the contract and also the childrens information sheets and ask the parents to keep a copy so that they take all that with them if they ever have to use a temporary Childminder. That way they have all the info. they need on contact details/allergies and how much I normally charge etc.

And do I just agree with the Childminder to pay them my usual rate I get from the parents? And do we need a contract for that?

huggableshelly
06-05-2009, 06:05 AM
contracts are totally confidential you can not share them.

back up childminders are there as emergancy care, all of my parents have a letter with my backup cm on it stating name adress reg number and tel number and understand that childrens contact cards will be shared with the cm if needed ....

contact cards have childs name, dob, doc info, parent contact numbers, parent sigantues to allow emergancy medial help and my signature too

my b/u cm knows where to find the key to my filing cabinet if ever she needs other informtion, parents know this and have given permission to allow sharing in an emergancy, I too know where her things are kept.

if you are ill and unable to work it is up to your parents and the cover cm to exchange information, if parents suggest you hand over the child contact form then thats ok make sure you gain it back after too but not the contracts thats yours.

vix84
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
contracts are totally confidential you can not share them.

back up childminders are there as emergancy care, all of my parents have a letter with my backup cm on it stating name adress reg number and tel number and understand that childrens contact cards will be shared with the cm if needed ....

contact cards have childs name, dob, doc info, parent contact numbers, parent sigantues to allow emergancy medial help and my signature too

my b/u cm knows where to find the key to my filing cabinet if ever she needs other informtion, parents know this and have given permission to allow sharing in an emergancy, I too know where her things are kept.

if you are ill and unable to work it is up to your parents and the cover cm to exchange information, if parents suggest you hand over the child contact form then thats ok make sure you gain it back after too but not the contracts thats yours.

Thanks, I think I will draw up an emergency care cards for the parents to keep and hand over, then I will also agree a rate to pay the back up childminder and arrange that myself as I get paid upfront by the parents. Another thing for me to do:)