PDA

View Full Version : Warning about vistaprint

youarewhatyoueat
05-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Just had a warning thought better share,caroline

Please read this email as it has come from a genuine childminder in Gloucestershire and this is a genuine alert.

It's a warning for all people who have used Vista Print to order business cards, they need to check their banks accounts.

I ordered business cards last June from Vistaprint - it appears they have passed my details onto one of their affiliated companies (clubprem.com and vprewards.com). These 2 companies have been taking nearly £20 a month out of my account for nearly a year without my consent.

It was a savings account, so stupidly, I didn't bother to check my bank statement.

I know some Childminders have used vistaprint - if you have been scammed, you need to call the 0800 number listed on the attached link - I've just done this and have been told that all the money will be back in my account within a week.

Kind Regards

Chantelle

Check this out: http://www.hubbers.com/index.php/i-got-scammed-by-vistaprint-and-adaptive-marketing-and-adaptive-affinity-ltd-and-amazon/ (sent by Yahoo! Toolbar)

Chantelle Folley
Childminding Team Administrator
Gloucestershire County Council
Children and Young People's Directorate

Mouse
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Whenever I've ordered anything from Vistaprint, there's been an opt-out bit if you don't want to sign up for the affiliated companies.

I've never had a problem with them...other than the daily emails :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I used them years ago and didn't have any problems but thank you for the warning anyway. Might save some other unfortunate people losing money.

Hope your friend gets hers back

LOOPYLISA
05-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the warning, hubby used them(we always do ), a few weeks back and ordered loads of bits, i will show him this, never have had any probs though :thumbsup:

cuddlybunny38
05-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Last year same thing happened to me last year, I realised after 2 months , did get my money refunded in the end. I Dont use vista print anymore now.

ajs
05-05-2009, 05:05 PM
i read that a while ago on here so warned my mum who then checked her bank account and she had been charged too. they did pay it back but it does show you need to read the small print

Heaven Scent
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I had the same thing happen to me but I got it all back once I'd emailed them - i then stopped ordering but have gone back to them and I'e got loads.

Mollymop
05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Thank you for warning us all.

aly
05-05-2009, 05:43 PM
it'snot just the childminders.....i know someone else who had this...because they didnt opt out...you do need to be careful of checking this before finishing the transaction.

x

sue m
05-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for this. I've ordered a few things from them in the past and recently ordered some letter headed paper so I'll be checking my statements too. :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I've always doubled and triple checked the opt in and out on vistaprint and NEVER had a problem, I think as long as you are extra careful you are ok.

jibberjitz
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the warning!

Blue Boy
06-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the warning, we were going to get some new cards done as well as car signs, will have to look elsewhere now.

Mick

mozarella
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
i did order a couple of days ago but cant rememebr if i ticked out or not. How can i check ?

Tatjana
06-05-2009, 11:03 AM
i did order a couple of days ago but cant rememebr if i ticked out or not. How can i check ?

Look in your profile...if i remember correctly.

xx

Amaranth
06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I've had loads of stuff from them and not had any probs. As long as you don't tick the opt in box you are fine.

TheBTeam
06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Not even sure what the opt in box is, i was just told never to sign for vista rewards, and i have had no trouble, just had my free bag which is lovely arrive in less than two weeks for £2.31 postage the 3 week post option!

I have never had any grief and they have always been really helpful on the phone, and when one part of an order didn't arrive they sent it again without quibble.

jessie1
06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I also never had any issues with them. And I dont know about an opt out box. I'm sure its more of an opt-in. The last page always give u an option to have 0800 number and few other things and i always just ignore it