PDA

View Full Version : clothes line

gegele
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
what's the rule?

i have one, it's quite high up, has a pole and don't intend on taking it down as i have lots of washing and i love it dried outside!!!!

is there a regulation of some sort?

something i must or musn't do?

Mouse
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Nothing that I can think of!

Daftbat
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I have a rotary drier and i always make sure its either put away in the garage or up as if its in use even if no washing on it. Always had a fear of children getting caught up in hanging line and doing harm to themselves.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I would say that it you have the straight line up high then it is fine. It you have the rotary one make sure than it is either down with a cover on, removed or up locked in.

Mine is always seen as it has washing on!!!

sarah707
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Risk assess whatever you have, consider how the childrne might hurt themselves, keep it out of the main play areas :D

Heaven Scent
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I have 2X retractable ones and 1Xrotary and sometimes I have one retractable one or the rotary one in use when the children are here they love hiding under the washing on the rotary one at the moment I have little ones who can't ride bikes so the washing on the line doesn't affect them. I do try not to have washing out all day. I try to put it out in the morning and then go out all morning I bring it in after lunch while the LO's are asleep ready for when the after schoolies get back and need the space. I either take the rotary one out altogether or keep it up, I never fold it down and leave it in the ground. I also have a huge one with a winding handle and when it comes out of the ground I haave a stopper to put in the hole to prevent trips.

Mollymop
05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I have a retractable line and pole. I only hang washing on there after we have had our out door play and take the washing down as soon as it is dried.

I once had a close call, last year, one of my mindees tripped over the pole and it fell, close to my own dd's head! Ekk!

gegele
08-05-2009, 07:10 AM
thank you ladies, i should be fine as it 's straight, about 7 ft high, the pole is on the edge of my veg so kids shouldn't be near anyway LOL!!!

thank you for your reply