PDA

View Full Version : Didnt get my grant

Tired
05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Just a small rant, cos i need to let off steam. I applied for the Capital Grant in December. Our council are giving it to childminders if we meet certain critieria.

I just found out I did not get it. I met all the criteria, but the reason is they need you to work for 5 years after the grant. if you dont, they can claw some of it back. I was honest and told them that sometime within that 5 years my husband and I are hoping to adopt. I will then take 1 year adoption leave.
I was turned down for this reason.
If I got pregnant and took maternity leave, would I have to pay the grant back? I doubt it!

feel fed up, but not much I can do about it.

Sorry to moan.

HENNY
05-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Think very carefully about adopting.We have had horrendous experiences like so many others.Read the older adoptees board on the Adoption Uk message boards - really do your research before you go ahead sorry to sound so negative but I wish I had had this advice:(

Mouse
05-05-2009, 04:35 PM
That's a shame.

Our council says that we have to remain registered for 3 years after receiving the grant - doesn't say anything about having to work though ;)

Is there an appeals process?

sarah707
05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
That doesn't sound fair.

I wonder if it's worth appealing?

ORKSIE
05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your grant.
A childminder collaegue is going down the adoption line, Good Luck:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mollymop
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
SOrry to hear this.
it seems very unfair.