PDA

View Full Version : How long from your certificate arriving...

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 01:14 PM
...to getting your first mindee?

I've had my certificate for a whole week today and can't understand why there aren't a queue of parents at my front door, lol!:laughing: :laughing:

No-one knows i'm registered yet! I've yet to hear from Informed Families about getting on the website, despite phoning and emailing them.:angry:

Plus i'm waiting for my business cards and postcards to be delivered.

So what i'm asking is, how long is a piece of string!

xx

FizzysFriends
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I was registered 3 months before first mindee started but I wasn't advertising in that time.

manjay
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I had a Mum stop me a couple of days after I received my certificate asking for after school are for 2 siblings. These were the only ones I had for a couple of months but that was what I wanted at the time. I think it very much depends on where you live. I live in a small village and I am one of three minders. We will all pass on numbers if we can't accomodate and we are all fairly full. I have been very very lucky and have never advertised but my main challenge was getting myself known in the village alongside the 2 well established minders. I know wear my uniform everyday and it is impossible to not realise what I do. My new mindees that are due for September have been recommended by existing ones.

Hope you have some luck soon

amanda xxx

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks ladies.

I just need to spread the word then, but i'm so rubbish at it, must get a grip, i'm far too old to be shy!:blush:

xx