PDA

View Full Version : First Aid kit?

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Hello

Just had a quick look online for a first aid kit and there are so many...does it matter which one we have?

Which one do you have? Where did you buy it and how much was it?!

TIA

xx

Blackhorse
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I had a list of items from a SCMA training session that was recommended for childminders.. (as you are not allowed creams etc)
I went online and bought my stuff from this page:

http://www.firstaid4less.co.uk/?gclid=COew77KepZoCFQdN5QodvkYN8w

they do actually have a childminding first aid kit as well but I bought the things individually as I wanted to stick to my list...paid a bit more but there was more stuff..for spares and a little first aid kit if we are on extended outings..or so is my plan anyways.

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks Nicole, i'll have a look at that.

xx

Adiamond
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Hi,I got mine from Tesco £7.97 my inspector said she didn't need to look in it ,just that I have to be confident it includes everything I might need (and it does) going on my list I got from st johns 1st aid training.
They also do a travel/car one £4.98
hth x x x

Tatjana
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi,I got mine from Tesco £7.97 my inspector said she didn't need to look in it ,just that I have to be confident it includes everything I might need (and it does) going on my list I got from st johns 1st aid training.
They also do a travel/car one £4.98
hth x x x

Sounds like a bargain and no postage to pay!:thumbsup:

xx

nannymcflea
05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I have 2, one for indoors and one I carry everywhere, school run included, I also put my lo inhaler and spacer in it too, just incase.

Curly Quavers
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I have three

1 in the car
1 in my rucksack
1 in the house

I shouldn't of bothered being so organised my CCO didn't even ask if I had one let a lone 3!!!! :idea:

They all cheap I even got one of them for nothing! can't complain really :p

Mouse
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I have the NCMA one in the house for the minded children, one in the house for the family (that's got creams, paracetomol etc in it that I wouldn't put in the mmindee's one) and a small one that I take out with me.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I have 3 - i in the car plus mouth card and gloves in case of mouth to mouth

1 in my handbag - very simple - gloves, wipes, plasters, wipes

1 in the house - various bandages, dressing, eye wash, tweezers, scissors, gloves, sling and of course plasters