PDA

View Full Version : conjuntivitous

estrelas
05-05-2009, 07:11 AM
think my daughter has it, she was one red eye? no yunk coming out?

Do i need to cancel kids coming?

She was collecting leaves yesterday, could it be this?

I have a boy coming at ten, should i call now or go the doctors at nine first?

HELP :laughing:

ORKSIE
05-05-2009, 07:30 AM
When she woke up there was no yuck, then i would not panic yet!
See how it goes, does her eye ball look sore too.
You could bathe it in cooled boiled water to see if that helps.
Its difficult to tell without seeing it.
How old is your Daughter.
I have always found our pharmasy very helpful when i'm not sure about things.
Sorry not very helpful, but i believe in mothers intuition:)
Hope her eye is better soon X

estrelas
05-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks

she is five, its only a bit red, keeping her off school anyway just in case, gonna go chemist on the way back then call mum.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
you should be looking for yellow discharge with the eye for it to be contagious. I think she may have got something in it and has irritated it.

I wouldn't cancel

estrelas
05-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Debbie

I was really worried this morning as it would have been the first time i had to cancel

Chemist said its not but keep checking
Told parents and they are all coming anyway :) , shes off school tho, but shes excited as she gets to be my helper :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
05-05-2009, 09:06 AM
My dd's friend has this, she is at school today :rolleyes:

Toothfairy
05-05-2009, 09:14 AM
My daughter had this in the easter Holidays.
I phoned all my mindee's parents and explained that as it was contagious I would need to cancel but they all said that they still wanted me to have their children and they didnt mind, "if they get it, they get" they all said!!!

I ended up having them but I wasn't happy.

funtoplay
05-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi I think you will find that the recommendation for schools now is that you do not need to keep them off. I know of some minders who do not exclude for this anymore.

I think it is down to your own judgement. Like some have said inform the parents and let them make up their mind.

Julia

Helen79
05-05-2009, 11:02 AM
my mindee had this afew weeks ago. The official advice is that they don't need to be excluded but I only allow the mindee's here if it's being treated, the same with if my own children had it.

It doesn't sound like it's conjunctivitis though, usually it's really yucky first thing in the morning.

Has she got something in her eye from collecting leaves yesterday?

youarewhatyoueat
05-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't exclude for this if it's being treated, never been much of a problem, just be aware of hygiene as you would anyway.The drops they give now instead of the cream are so much better and easier to treat, i've had a mindee have it twice now and my family and other mindees haven't caught it so I don't worry.