PDA

View Full Version : Memory Sticks/CDs or hard drive

singlewiththree
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
After reading Penny's EYFS book this weekend she says that it is good practice to have a separate memory stick for each child and put photos etc on it and then give it to the parent when they leave, for confidentiality. Would you consider this an option. At the moment I keep them on the hard drive and just put it on CD or email to the parents if they leave.

Kelly
04-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I think it's a good idea, I also use a CD and give parents the pic's etc, but I think this is a better option, it could be a way of keeping the children's personal stuff off your computer, and you can then lock away the child's memory stick.

sarah707
04-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Does she say the you need to be registered with the information commissioners office?

Sounds like a good idea :D

Chatterbox Childcare
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
As my folders for the children are not named then I don't see any data protection breach

michellethegooner
06-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I store them on cd, but I do ask parents in my mthly newsletter if they would like photos of the lo's then to send in a labelled usb and I copy them on to that. parents love this I also send them via email if requested.

tinkerbelle
06-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Does she say the you need to be registered with the information commissioners office?

Sounds like a good idea :D

yes you do need to register i dont have any information regarding the children on my memory stick or computer however because i use a digital camera with a memory card i still have to register and pay £35 for the privalidge

tinkerbelle
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
As my folders for the children are not named then I don't see any data protection breach

my camera memory stick isnt named but it has details on it so you have to register ring them and check but from what they told me yesterday any information regarding a child ie contracts plans or paper work that is typed and not written has to register
in my case everything is hand written so thought id got away with it but nope memory card for camera has to be registered