PDA

View Full Version : First NVQ3 Assessment tomorrow...

Mrs M
04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I have my first assessment and I need to set up an activity. I've already posted a thread about this. Feeling nervous for some strange reason! I think it's just having someone in my home watching me work. The assessor wants to see me make an observation under the EYFS. I've decided to do inside activities as my son is currently using a potty but not if he has any pants on so I want to keep that up. Pasta in a tray is one activity I've thought of as the two boys I'll have love that and maybe some arts and crafts. We also have a wide variety of toys out so they may choose their own activity. I just hope it's enough for her.

Allie
04-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Is that dry or wet (cooked) pasta? if it's dry add all the diggers and tractors, if wet why not add food colouring to the pasta while cooking, black is great, then hide plastic mini bugs in the mix or put dinosaus on it boys (and girls) love this and will play for ages while also interacting with each other and the pasta mix provided

Allie

ORKSIE
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Just be yourself, do stuff the kids have done before, and just get on with it as if she not there.
Ive just finished mine.
Good Luck:thumbsup:

Mrs M
04-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Thank you! It's dry pasta so I'll get the diggers out and also stick a few dinosaurs and insects in there!

Playmate
04-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Good luck, just be yourself. Ive done three assesments now and I quite enjoued the last one!

nell57
04-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I know what you mean by getting nervous, I was the first time I was assessed. I thought it was going to be like when ofsted come and I'd be under scrutiny. But it was no where near as bad as I was expecting. I had to set up some kind of physical activity, but when the mindees arrived they all had heavy colds and were not up to it at all. We just plodded on and when I read the observation, I found she wrote so much, that you dont realise you have done and the time went really fast.

Good luck , but you wont need it and you'll be kicking yourself for getting so nervous in the first place.

Megan
04-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Have some thread for making beads (possibilty thinking).
Use your son's potty training as a heathly child and bring all the hygiene into it.

Megan

sarah707
04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Good luck tomorrow Emma xx

Roseolivia
05-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Good luck, just remember they are not there to check on what you do like OFSTED they are just observing you to tick off performance criteria. The more they tick off the less observations you will need. Just make sure you check H&S, talk to the children, try to extend the activity.

Mrs M
05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Thank you to everyone who replied to the thread. It's over! She was here for nearly two hours and at first I felt like Ofsted were here! In the end I just got on with things as I usually would. She said everything was great; the activities, the way I do my observations and the way I interact with the children. I now have a tonne of coursework to get on with!
Thanks again.

nell57
05-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Glad it went well for you:thumbsup:

And good luck with your course work, try not leave it until last minute like I always used to do:rolleyes:D :