PDA

View Full Version : help had an enquiry

geordiebunny
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Help now don't know what to do. I posted an ad on the local netmums explaining that I was looking for mindees from august september depending upon registration, i stated i was pre reg. I have had an enquiry for a girl before and after school and have no idea where to start :panic:
After looking on my local cis i was going to charge £3.50 per hour but that was as far as i had got. Am really nervous as never done this before and is a big step.
I know how friendly you all are and hope someone can help me.

:thumbsup:

Tatjana
03-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Some people charge by the hour, others have set charges eg after school 3-6pm £15

If £3.50 ph is the going rate in your area then why not charge that?

xx

Hebs
03-05-2009, 07:38 PM
i charge £10 for after school and £5 for before school :thumbsup:

geordiebunny
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks so do I tell her my costs invite her round for visit? really not sure
feel like i need someone to hold my hand and just had brothers girlfriend bombard me with questions as she is thinking of becoming childminder after birth of their 2nd baby in july all this and not finished my workshops or sent registration off yet, oh roll on tues so i can ring local office an speak to someone about arranging ofsted/council visit

FizzysFriends
03-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Try and avoid giving her to costs over the phone/mail. Invite her round to discuss her requirements.

jibberjitz
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Good luck with your enquiry :thumbsup:

claireodon
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you - when did you send your Ofsted forms off? Don't know if what I have been doing is right but thought I'd share anyway :) . I have had a few enquiries by phone or email and I have had a general chat with them about what their requirements are i.e. what days and hours they will be looking for, whether they want school holiday care as well. Then I have invited them to come round and meet me, see the house and have a proper talk about their requirements (this will give me a chance to see if I can get along with them/whether they like me). Personally, I have found it hard getting enquiries at this early stage because its not like people can actually sign contracts until I am registered so its all quite informal. I have started keeping a log of my enquiries now and have diaried people to contact end May/June.