PDA

View Full Version : Buggy boards

Angela234
10-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Do any of you use buggy boards?

I'm looking at getting one have a 2 year old who has to walk quite a lot.

I'm looking at getting a new buggy Maclaren Techno xt, i see on buugy board infro it says i would need extenders do they come with the buggy board?

Its the Maxi board i'm looking at as i can hook it up out of the way.

Any infromation on buggy boards would be helpful

Thanks

Angela

sarah707
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I have used them in the past - good for the toddler but a nightmare for my back! :eek:

deeb66
10-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I have used them in the past - good for the toddler but a nightmare for my back! :eek:

Exactly.........I have one sitting in my garage for a few years.....probably rusty by now :D

Killed my back so didn't use it.

manjay
10-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Do any of you use buggy boards?

I'm looking at getting one have a 2 year old who has to walk quite a lot.

I'm looking at getting a new buggy Maclaren Techno xt, i see on buugy board infro it says i would need extenders do they come with the buggy board?

Its the Maxi board i'm looking at as i can hook it up out of the way.

Any infromation on buggy boards would be helpful

Thanks

Angela

I bought this board about a month ago to put on my maclaren techno. It has all the stuff with it to fix it however it does not hook up!! The little lever you use to collapse the buggy gets in the way! My son (20 months ) loves it although he is not quite tall enough to see over the buggy! I have found it quite easy to push although have only been practising with it so have not had a child in the buggy!!

Hubby is going to have a look at mine to see if he can change it round a bit to get the board to hook up. Their website has pictures that show how it is fixed

amanda xx

Angela234
10-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Amanda did you use a extension piece? on the website it says extension piece needed i just wondered if with that you could hook it up as it would bring the board out more
Are there any extension pieces in the pack/

Thanks

Angela

manjay
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Amanda did you use a extension piece? on the website it says extension piece needed i just wondered if with that you could hook it up as it would bring the board out more
Are there any extension pieces in the pack/

Thanks

Angela

The extension pieces are in the pack and we have used them but it is the arms that attach it to the buggy that will not go over the lever. Sorry don't think I am explaining very well. If you enlarge the middle image on this page

http://www.buggyboard.info/page.php?buggy=92#

you can see on the right hand side the lever you use to collapse the buggy. This stops the buggy board lifting. We have tried allsorts to get ti to work!

amanda xx

Sorry that link doesn't go to the correct page but it sounds like you have already been on the site so probably know what I mean

Shirlwith3
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I have brough the "OBaby Kiddie Ride-On Board - Black " it is great is can be moved so that you don't trip on the borat as you are pushing the pushchair plus it clips up when not is use.

I got is from Kiddicare.com
£32.97
The O'Baby ride-on board is suitable for almost every stroller, pushchair and jogger, Simply fits onto the vertical upright bars that are parallel to each other at the back of the pushchair, the suspension on the wheels helps give your toddler a smoother ride and when not in use simply unclip leaving the adapters attached to your pushchair.

universal - fits almost every stroller
17" wide
simply unclip from the adapters when not in use - the loosening of the adapters on some pushchairs to fold down may be required.
suspension to give your toddler a smoother ride

I would highly recommend this board.
Shirl

Angela234
10-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks Amanda and Shirl don't know what to do now i have to take buggy on the bus so really need to hook it up other wise it will stick out too far.

Angela

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I have got the one Shirl has but dont use it at the moment its just been left sitting in the garage !

xxx

manjay
10-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I think the one Shirl recommends fits above the lever on the Maclaren (only what I can see from the pictures) so it should fold up! Not sure!

amanda xx

littletreasures
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I have just bought a buggyboard maxi and love it!! I use it on my Nipper Double 360 and Graco Mirage for a 20 month old. He finds it great. He can get off when he wants to and walks, but when he's had enough he stands on it. I unhook it before I fold the buggies up, so it doesn't get in the way of catches etc.

Jules

manjay
10-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I have just bought a buggyboard maxi and love it!! I use it on my Nipper Double 360 and Graco Mirage for a 20 month old. He finds it great. He can get off when he wants to and walks, but when he's had enough he stands on it. I unhook it before I fold the buggies up, so it doesn't get in the way of catches etc.

Jules

I was just going to post to see if anyone had a Nipper double!! Would you recommend it?

amanda xx

littletreasures
10-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I love it!! I have pm'd you Amanda.

Jules

manjay
10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I love it!! I have pm'd you Amanda.

Jules

Thank you soooo much. You have helped me make up my mind

amanda xx

Angela234
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm going shopping tomorrow might have a look at some different pushchairs i did want Maclaren techno it looks sturdy and roomy but not sure now as i really have to buy a buggy board. Whatever buggy i buy has to be good for bumping up and down steps.

Angela

manjay
10-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm going shopping tomorrow might have a look at some different pushchairs i did want Maclaren techno it looks sturdy and roomy but not sure now as i really have to buy a buggy board. Whatever buggy i buy has to be good for bumping up and down steps.

Angela

Sorry Angela, don't feel like I have helped you very much but this post has helped me decide which double buggy to buy! I do like the Maclaren techno and will continue to use it as my single. I love the sun canopy and I do find it quite roomy.

amanda xx

Pippa
19-02-2008, 08:16 PM

Jules

Hi there. I need to find a double pushchair that I can use a buggy board with. I have looked at the Nipper Double 360 and REALLY liked it but in the shop they said a buggy board would interfere with the brake and they wouldn't reccomend it. On the buggyboard website they only rate it as 5/10 and say the child's head space may be a problem and you have to walk quite far back so may hurt your back. I'm interested that you have used a buggy board with the nipper - has it attached okay?? What about the brake? I'd really like to get this pushchair but do need to use a buggy board.

If anyone has advice on good doubles that they have used buggyboards with I'd love to hear from you please. I quite like the WE2 Combi and I have read on another thread that it is great and fine with a buggy board. Yet this is another one that Buggyboard website says is incompatible. Is this true?

manjay
19-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi there. I need to find a double pushchair that I can use a buggy board with. I have looked at the Nipper Double 360 and REALLY liked it but in the shop they said a buggy board would interfere with the brake and they wouldn't reccomend it. On the buggyboard website they only rate it as 5/10 and say the child's head space may be a problem and you have to walk quite far back so may hurt your back. I'm interested that you have used a buggy board with the nipper - has it attached okay?? What about the brake? I'd really like to get this pushchair but do need to use a buggy board.

If anyone has advice on good doubles that they have used buggyboards with I'd love to hear from you please. I quite like the WE2 Combi and I have read on another thread that it is great and fine with a buggy board. Yet this is another one that Buggyboard website says is incompatible. Is this true?

I bought a Nipper double 360 at the weekend and I love it!!! Haven't tried the buggy board on it but they did say in the shop that the kiddiboard should be used with it. I still think it would interfere with the brake though. I am sure Jules wil be able to answer this better

amanda xx

littletreasures
19-02-2008, 08:36 PM
I've pm'd you Pippa.

I will say the child I have on the buggyboard is 22 months. I have the canopy over the buggy and his head is in front of the handle. He has worked out that he has to turn his head sideways to get through the gap, but he is very comfortable on it.

Jules

littletreasures
19-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Right, just spoke to my friend who has borrowed my nipper and buggy board.

My 22 month old mindee finds the board fine once he is on it and doesn' tip it at all, my friend looks after a child who is nearly 3. She said mindee leant over canopy and nearly tipped buggy back, so not sure. I don't know whether you could put buggy board further back so they stand behind handle and still be able to push it properly.

I also fixed buggy board connectors on differently to try it out, and she found it compromised the brake, so I think I need to change it back to how I originally had it. I will post photos when I get the buggy back tomorrow to show you.

Jules

Angela234
19-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I have brought my Maclaren Techno buggy now need to buy buggy board i email lascal web site they told me their Maxi board will fit and hang up Mothercare told me the same

Amanda you say you cant fix the buggy board on above the lever thats the only space on the uprights there is space for it.

Anyone else got a buggy board fied to a Maclaren Techno?

Angela

manjay
19-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Mine fits on the maclaren perfectly but it will not fold up because of the little lever sticking out

amanda xx

Angela234
19-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Isn't it just the base that folds up?

Angela

lindylou
19-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Mu sister in law uses one and swears by it she thinks its brill
Linxx

manjay
19-02-2008, 10:07 PM
The whole thing lifts and is then attached to a strap higher on the buggy. Don't get me wrong I do love it but I know you said you needed it to lift up when not in use. I have just checked the instruction booklet again to make sure hubby is telling the truth.

amanda xx

Angela234
19-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I see your arms are fitted below the lever the only space on my buggy is above the lever i have a coil spring in the way below the lever on one side

Angela

manjay
19-02-2008, 10:19 PM
My hubby thinks I am really sad taking picyures of a buggy at 10:15 at night! Lol!

If you put the attachment arms above the lever tthey get in the way of the buggy folding up!

amanda xx

Angela234
19-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Is it very easy to unclip the board when out and will it fit in the basket ok?

Youv'e been very helpful sorry to be a pain

Angela

manjay
20-02-2008, 06:26 PM
It is easy to unclip once you have practiced a few times :laughing: Not the best fit in the basket but it will go in.

You are not being a pain at all. I just hope I am helping and not putting you off completely

amanda xx

Angela234
20-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all your help Amanda I think i will go with the maxi board the main reason i wanted to hook up is when going on the bus for Nursery run i'm sure it will not take up too much extra room left down.

Thanks again for all your help :littleangel:

Angela

manjay
20-02-2008, 07:24 PM
No problem honey!!

amanda xx