PDA

View Full Version : urban detour

mushpea
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
are the single versions any good? need a single now for the rough terrain then a double for rough terrain in september, theres a single on ebay near me going realy cheap at the moment and wondering wether to invest?

FizzysFriends
03-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I think they are nice, my friend has one and uses it all the time. Quite bulky for the car but great for rough terrain.

uf353432
03-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I have the old old style one, got it 2nd hand 3 years ago and I still use it daily - I call it my landrover and think its fab!

helenlc
03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I have one and its great - a dream to push and lovely size for all ages of children.

However, its big to get in and out of the car (and I use the car more than I walk), which is why I am selling mine - so where are you? Maybe we could come to a deal?

childmind04
03-05-2009, 10:49 AM
My first baby used one of these and days when i did not need the double i used it, lovely to push, like everyone has said bulky to flod, nice big seat and basket, if the price is good i would go for it :)

Heaven Scent
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I got one for £8.00 from a car boot sale - it has rusty wheels and is missing its front bar which I am in search of and the fabric on the seat is all bubbled and but I love pushing it. I don't take it out with me in the car with me - I just go as I don't have room in the back of my C8 for it when all the seats are up.

mushpea
03-05-2009, 12:03 PM
thanks all , I am currently bidding on one on ebay so keep fingers xx for me pls, I wont be putting it in the car as the woods are not far from here where we go so thats not a problem just thought though, do you think a buggy board will go on it?

Mummits
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I have a litaf seat 2 go on mine, which fits fine. You might find ordinary buggy boards a bit low.

westbrom44
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Yes I one of the first original. It is at least 10 years old. Its brilliant, but too bulky for the car.

I usually keep it in the garage and use it for long walks from the house.

I could use it in the car for occasional use, but wouldnt want to use it every day in the car. I have a fold up buggy for the car, Maclaren triumph.