PDA

View Full Version : News Letters

Tily Bud
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi

I started sending out montly news letters last November but I am really struggling with what to put in them :rolleyes:

How often do you send out a news letter and what sort of things do you put in it ?

deeb66
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I try to do them monthly but sometimes end up Bi-monthly.

Some that I send out can be a page long and some can be 3 pages long....just really depends on what I need to tell them.

Some of the subjects/headings I include:

- Activities done last month and what is planned in current month

- General news - i.e. if one of kids starting school/nursery or if you have taken on someone new or if one of the children leaving etc etc.

- Any training courses I am booked on for the coming month.

- Holidays - any days I am planning off

- News in the childminding world that I think is relevant to the parents.

- anything else I want to tell them.

As I said sometimes it is a short newsletter and sometimes it can be the size of War and Peace ;) :D

crazybones
10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I started with monthly and like you struggled with info. So now I do bi-monthly with little typed notes of anything important that falls inbetween backed up again in the next newsletter.

Annie x

Trouble
10-02-2008, 12:00 PM
i put a kiddy recipe on mine but i didnt go on this forum then so i struggles oh and i put anything that was going on round your area especially in your area

i stopped doing mine after 13 months i got so busy and couldnt find the time im not sure if the parents read them thats why i stopped.

deeb66
10-02-2008, 12:02 PM
i put a kiddy recipe on mine

That's a good idea rascal

Think I might start doing that :D

sarah707
10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I put in the same stuff as Dee.

I also try to include ideas for food recipes, things like playdough and other recipes, suggestions for games the children like playing, I try to put one website link a month in as well... they don't go past one page :D

Polly2
10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Some great ideas there! I like the website link idea

I only do my newsletter half termly - I also put in lots of pics of the kids.

Hopscotch
10-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Got to admit that i have not done one for ages, this is because i only look after 2 children and because they are under 5 i send home a daily diary which says what we have done and when any holidays etc are.
TBH i don't think i need to do one as i put up any relevant information on my noticeboard in the hall.
If i looked after more children i would deinately do one.
Bev X

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I do mine every 3 months and use it too highlight about any issues i've had in that time ie late collection, early drop off, late payment to reiterate to parents my rules !!!! also activites we have done and any news I may have regarding courses I've attended etc and anything else I can think of at the time as they are usually when I have a spare hour and are not structured or planned xxx

JO S
12-02-2008, 08:55 AM
I've started doing news letters every half term and just include news about stuff we've done, like joining the library and also about plans for forthcoming activities and outings etc.
I also use it to inform parents about any training I've done and other stuff I think they might be interested in.
I like the idea about including links to websites, thanks sarah!

jo. x