PDA

View Full Version : Another Ofsted Query!

lizzymoonshine
10-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi again

Do you think it will be ok to show ofsted my new planning for the EYFS when i have my inspection in March? Not been very good at getting things on paper for BTTM and Foundation stage.

xx :eek:

sarah707
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Ofsted are still inspecting for Birth to 3, Foundation Stage and to the 14 standards... they haven't been trained for eyfs yet and will not inspect that until after Sept!

:D

deeb66
10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes..as sarah says they won't be inspecting against EYFS until September.

You will be expected to know about BTTM when she does the inspection although I am sure that she will be impressed that you are thinking about EYFS and already starting to put it in place.

I know someone who has just had an inspection and was told by the inspector that they are not really interested about EYFS and wanted to see everything that she had done for BTTM......sorry!

Mollymop
10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Girls,
Can anyone tell me as I am new to all of the policies, has EYFS got 5 standards?
As that is what my OFsted inspector had on her computer and that is what she was inspecting me on when she came for my pre reg last friday.

There was no 14 standards on her computer and everything she showed me on her laptop was total alien to me, as i had revised my 14 standards only to be told that she isn't going to inspect me that way. She did mention the change to me but I was abit miffed as it is all still new to me.

sarah707
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi Girls,
Can anyone tell me as I am new to all of the policies, has EYFS got 5 standards?
As that is what my OFsted inspector had on her computer and that is what she was inspecting me on when she came for my pre reg last friday.

There are 5 sections to the Every Child Matters Agenda - look at some 'done' Ofsted reports on the Ofsted website and you will see how it all fits together :D

deeb66
10-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Girls,

There was no 14 standards on her computer and everything she showed me on her laptop was total alien to me, as i had revised my 14 standards only to be told that she isn't going to inspect me that way. She did mention the change to me but I was abit miffed as it is all still new to me.

What you are referring to sandra is the 5 outcomes of Every Child Matters (ECM)

Those outcomes are:

Be Healthy
Stay Safe
Enjoy & Achieve
Make a Positive contribution
Achieve Economic well-being (organisation)

The 14 standards all fit into these outcomes as do Birth to Three Matters

E.G.

Be Healthy - Standards 7 & 8
BTTM - A Healthy Child

Stay Safe - Standards 4, 5, 6 & 13
BTTM - A Healthy Child

Enjoy & Achieve - Standards 3
BTTM - A Skilful Communicator
A Competant Learner

Make a Positive Contribution - Standards 9, 10, 11 & 12
BTTM - A Strong Child

Economic Well being - Standards 1, 2 & 14

I hope this all makes sense.

deeb66
10-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Sorry Sarah...we posted at the same time :D

Trouble
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
i think the old standards interlink with the new standard, looking on ofsted website is good as it gives you an idea of what we will all have to know:eek:

Trouble
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
What you are referring to sandra is the 5 outcomes of Every Child Matters (ECM)

Those outcomes are:

Be Healthy
Stay Safe
Enjoy & Achieve
Make a Positive contribution
Achieve Economic well-being (organisation)

The 14 standards all fit into these outcomes as do Birth to Three Matters

E.G.

Be Healthy - Standards 7 & 8
BTTM - A Healthy Child

Stay Safe - Standards 4, 5, 6 & 13
BTTM - A Healthy Child

Enjoy & Achieve - Standards 3
BTTM - A Skilful Communicator
A Competant Learner

Make a Positive Contribution - Standards 9, 10, 11 & 12
BTTM - A Strong Child

Economic Well being - Standards 1, 2 & 14

I hope this all makes sense.

you make it look so easy will you help me when i get stuck?:laughing:

deeb66
10-02-2008, 11:49 AM
you make it look so easy will you help me when i get stuck?:laughing:

Of course I will....give me a shout anytime :D

I can tell you whatever you need to know about ECM, 14 Standards & BTTM.....Just don't ask me too much about EYFS just yet as I haven't really spent much time looking at it at the moment. ;)

As I ws due for inspection I haven't yet implemented EYFS and was concentrating on above :rolleyes:

Mollymop
10-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks Sarah and Dee, What would i do with out ya?:thumbsup: