PDA

View Full Version : OMG - I am working tomorrow

Pipsqueak
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Well my new mindee is settling in nicely (so nicely that she kicks up a huge stink when mum arrives to take her home, especially if its before dinner! lol. The other day I was hollering at the top of her 3yr old voice - all the way down the road - 'leave me alone, take me back to Vicky's' )

Anyway, Mum asked me earlier this week if I would work Saturdays and I umm'd and aahhed, anyway this evening Mum asked me if I would work tomorrow - 9.30 till 2.30 ish and I said yes:eek: :eek: My kids aren't too happy about it but I is settling in nicely, mum is over the moon with my service:blush: :blush: and to be honest we could do with the pennies. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and might offer to do a couple of Saturdays a month.

Blimey I haven't worked a Saturday for many moons! lol

estrelas
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
its great when they don't want to go home isn't it?

Makes you feel all good

I work a couple of saturdays, works well for me at the mo as mine is 5 and enjoys the company. The minute she seems like she wants me more to herself I will stop x

Monkey1
01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Saturdays!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: thats commitment for you! Shows how good you are if they don't want to go!

miss mopple
01-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm working tomorrow too so youre not alone :) Great that your LO is settling so well :thumbsup:

Planning on taking my mindee swimming- hope he likes it!

Chanelle
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Do you have to tell Ofsted you want to provide Saturdays ?? I cant remeber if it was on the application. ..... ??

Demonjill
01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Good for you and extra pennies are fab lol

When i worked full time before i had kids i worked nearly every sat and sun :eek: Oh i dont miss that!lol

nell57
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
When I first started minding I offered to do Saturdays and I was only working part time in the week, so it wasn't such a big deal then. I do 50+ Mon to Fri so think I would resent doing it now.

But hey on the other hand, think of the extra money:clapping:

Hope you have a good day, will be thinking about you:D

Roseolivia
02-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Well my new mindee is settling in nicely (so nicely that she kicks up a huge stink when mum arrives to take her home, especially if its before dinner! lol. The other day I was hollering at the top of her 3yr old voice - all the way down the road - 'leave me alone, take me back to Vicky's' )

Anyway, Mum asked me earlier this week if I would work Saturdays and I umm'd and aahhed, anyway this evening Mum asked me if I would work tomorrow - 9.30 till 2.30 ish and I said yes:eek: :eek: My kids aren't too happy about it but I is settling in nicely, mum is over the moon with my service:blush: :blush: and to be honest we could do with the pennies. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and might offer to do a couple of Saturdays a month.

Blimey I haven't worked a Saturday for many moons! lol

Wow how dedicated are you. When i first started i said i'd work Saturday mornings but that didn't last long. Saturday is my day with Rose and partner, shopping, meeting friends etc. I think i work enough through the week. Good on you though.