Havin read about Swine Flu, wud u take children on an animal visit to
www.wildboarpark.co.uk.

Or r my parents bein OTT.

Playmate
01-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Havin read about Swine Flu, wud u take children on an animal visit to
www.wildboarpark.co.uk.

Or r my parents bein OTT.

I personally would, I think the whole worlds gone mad at the moment. As long as you take all the normal precautions when visiting places with animals I'm sure it will be fine.

haribo
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
have your parents asked you not to go ? i think it would be ok but if my parents didnt agree i wouldnt push :rolleyes:

carebear25
01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Ive just said if u dont want me 2 go let me know.

Said I wud read up on it an they shud do the same, I cant c a prob an I wud of thought there wud b sumthin on their website if a problem.

Looks like day trip next week x

jibberjitz
01-05-2009, 06:00 PM
It wouldn't stop me going unless the parents were concerned :)

Mollymop
01-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I personally would, I think the whole worlds gone mad at the moment. As long as you take all the normal precautions when visiting places with animals I'm sure it will be fine.

I agree with Sally. On the whole I think the media are hyping up and scare mongering about Swine flu. More people die of seasonal flu than they do Swine flu.
Go to the farm, I doubt very much the pigs there have the flu. Apparently it is not from pigs directly, it is also other combined viruses that make Swine flu.

flora
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
It may be called swine flu but there is NO RISK IN SEEING PIGS OR EATING PORK

I say this as a pig farmer, I have been in touch with my vet since this started as I also mind and he says there is no more risk than any other thing we may encounter when out and about.

As usual the media are blowing this out of all proportion :(

We have just had this weeks pigs cancelled as pork sales are dropping as people are being whipped up into a frenzy :(

Rant over :blush: thank you

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM

I totally agree. The world has gone bonkers with regard to this flu, lets get this into proportion! :thumbsup:

I am not going to stop doing any of my activties yet and I will take all the precautions that I would normally take. :clapping:

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
It may be called swine flu but there is NO RISK IN SEEING PIGS OR EATING PORK

I say this as a pig farmer, I have been in touch with my vet since this started as I also mind and he says there is no more risk than any other thing we may encounter when out and about.

As usual the media are blowing this out of all proportion :(

We have just had this weeks pigs cancelled as pork sales are dropping as people are being whipped up into a frenzy :(

Rant over :blush: thank you

I can't believe people would be so stupid!!!

Well we have had pork and bacon in this house this week and I have now decided that Sunday Roast will be Pork. :clapping: Its always been my favourite anyway! Yum crispy crackling and apple sauce. :thumbsup:

Moominmomma
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I agree its the media causing panic again. My poor 10 year old is really worried that she's going to get it, she is a hypochondriac, so I'm sure the symptoms will arrive on Tuesday morning!

FizzysFriends
01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I can't believe people would be so stupid!!!

Well we have had pork and bacon in this house this week and I have now decided that Sunday Roast will be Pork. :clapping: Its always been my favourite anyway! Yum crispy crackling and apple sauce. :thumbsup:

Can I come? Pork is my favourite!!

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Can I come? Pork is my favourite!!

Of course you can, I always cook plenty, dinner is at 5pm! :jump for joy:

flora
01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Keep it up guys :clapping:

We have a beautifull pork shoulder for lunch on Sunday as I have 12 coming for lunch.

The kids have all been told about it at school. This of course is very sensible as good hygiene is papramount but........

my 7yr mindee is half way to developing ocd as she has been told to make sure her hands are clean :panic:

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Keep it up guys :clapping:

We have a beautifull pork shoulder for lunch on Sunday as I have 12 coming for lunch.

The kids have all been told about it at school. This of course is very sensible as good hygiene is papramount but........

my 7yr mindee is half way to developing ocd as she has been told to make sure her hands are clean :panic:

Oh! maybe Fizzyfriends and I could come to yours on Sunday then? Shall I bring the Apple Sauce?:clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

FussyElmo
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
We are having pork too and it never crossed my mind not to.

I was also considering taking the children to the farm next week mindee and ds are obsessed with pigs at the moment:)

flora
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Oh! maybe Fizzyfriends and I could come to yours on Sunday then? Shall I bring the Apple Sauce?:clapping: :laughing: :clapping:

Cooking for twelve is bad enough now you want to make it more????? !!!!!!!

Who do you think I am delia smith :laughing:

flora
01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
oh why not...... in for a penny in for a pound.

Do you like pavlova???

I am making one for desert and a cheesecake and a profiterole ring.

I do love my puds thats why I am a fat heffer :D

Blackhorse
01-05-2009, 07:39 PM

Do you like pavlova???

OK I am coming too!!
Love all the above!!.. I am actually taking profiterols to mothers and toddlers the next time I go...love making and eating them!!

ORKSIE
01-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Any room for a little one please:littleangel:

Monkey1
01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
I took my little ones here yesterday and had an AMAZING time........and i didn't think twice about the hype n the papers.
http://www.hoofarm.com/

If anyone is planning a trip here over the next few months let me know............its well worth the visit!

Blackhorse
01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
looks lovely Monkey...would love to go but it is a bit far away for me....:laughing:

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Do you like pavlova???

Oh it gets better and better!!!! I love pavlova and profiterole ring (I think the posh name is Gateau St Honore).

Shucks I though I was Delia!!! I can see an identity chrisis coming on!!!

flora
04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: