Hours Worked % Gas % Electricity % Water % Council Tax
10 8 8 2 2
15 12 12 4 4
20 17 17 5 5
25 21 21 6 6
30 25 25 7 7
35 29 29 9 9
40 33 33 10 10

(Sorry, hasn't wopied correctly but I think you know what I'm talking about)

What percentage do we claim for things like trampoline (bought after childminding started), tv license, sky, etc. Would these be similar to Gas/electric percentages or water/council tax???

Many thanks

Leah

Daftbat
01-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't think you can claim anything for those things. I never have. Thought they were unavailable as TV etc is used by your family and is not a necessity to mind whereas heating lighting etc is.

hectors house
01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I would put through a percentage of trampoline if it is to be used for your children as well as childminding mindees, but you can't claim for TV licence as you legally have to have it for your own family - I put through 25% of my Sky/phone/broadband package - but probably shouldn't - but only about £9 a month anyway.

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I would put through a percentage of trampoline if it is to be used for your children as well as childminding mindees, but you can't claim for TV licence as you legally have to have it for your own family - I put through 25% of my Sky/phone/broadband package - but probably shouldn't - but only about £9 a month anyway.

You can claim a % of your TV licence and TV package an Broadband There are other threads that will give you an idea of the %s you can claim.

If you work on the basis that you can't claim the TV because you family have to have it, the same logic would apply to heat and light because I assume you would have that in your house for your own family even if you weren't minding?

Chatterbox Childcare
04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
As you purchased the trampoline for the childminding I would claim 100%.

The tv and sky are claimable.

Sky and TV = £670.00 per year divided by 8736 (7 days @ 24 hours x 52 weeks) = .08p per hour x 55 hours per week worked = £4.40 per week or x 50 weeks = £220.00 per year - this allows for 2 weeks holiday

I have attached a spreadsheet that will do the calculations for you but only change figures in blue or it won't work.

Need any help - pm me

mum2two
07-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks! :thumbsup: Just finishing off my tax return, and as tesco rightly says 'Every little helps!' :laughing:

xx

venus89
07-05-2009, 08:33 AM
As you purchased the trampoline for the childminding I would claim 100%.

The tv and sky are claimable.

Sky and TV = £670.00 per year divided by 8736 (7 days @ 24 hours x 52 weeks) = .08p per hour x 55 hours per week worked = £4.40 per week or x 50 weeks = £220.00 per year - this allows for 2 weeks holiday

I have attached a spreadsheet that will do the calculations for you but only change figures in blue or it won't work.

Need any help - pm me

But surely you're not having the TV on 55 hours per week in reality?

I was told you can only claim for things that are used solely for childminding purposes. my information is probably incorrect (:blush: ) but the way I understood it you'd have a TV anyway so this isn't solely for minding.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
But surely you're not having the TV on 55 hours per week in reality?

I was told you can only claim for things that are used solely for childminding purposes. my information is probably incorrect (:blush: ) but the way I understood it you'd have a TV anyway so this isn't solely for minding.

I have it available to childcare 55 per week (rest of family is not here and it is when I am working)

I would talk to the IR if you want clarification