PDA

View Full Version : omg we have a screamer!!!

marjie b
01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
i KID YOU NOT LADIES, THIS BABY NEVER STOPS!!!

he is 7 months old and from a polish family, they had never left him b4 and obviously pick him up as soon as he crys, well this is totally NOT gonna happen here, for a start I have other children to see to!!

Never had one like this b4, fine when I pick him up tho lol!
any advice? could use the sling but its not always practical and I dont want him to be in the habit of bein picked up/carried everywhere, having said that I fear the screaming may start to wear me down soon!!:panic:

claire bear 72
01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
:blush: Honestly it does get easier!!!!!....I had this a few months ago, all day it is really hard i NO lol :panic: But stick with it .......it does stop my lo is a lovely little one since he has stopped screaming and can now crawl after being left for short bursts of screaming.........when he stopped I gave positive attention and was sat close throughout the screaming but didnt pick him up (this is v difficult when other children there) he soon got the msg tho :clapping: he is lovely but at first I thought OMG wat have I done lol

sarah707
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the club!

I was very glad when mine stopped because I was about to lose another child who was moaning to parents about the noise

Only you know how much you can take... good luck!!

custardcream
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
i know how you feel.
Since coming back from holiday i have a new mindee, 1 year old and has never been left with anyone before.
She screams ALL day, and I mean AlLL day, I really dont know what to do with her, the other children have had enough, and so have I :panic:

tinkerbelle
01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
ive had this for past three months needless to say iv terminated as mum was refusng to work with me in not picking him up all the time and carrying him round on her hip something i do not have time to do
i tried leaving him in a room and if he didnt see me go it was fine but by the next week we were back to square one as mum had him over the weekend

marjie b
01-05-2009, 04:50 PM
UPDATE GUYS.....

u would not believe the afternoon i had...walkin thro town wiv "screamer" who is still wailing despite my best effort to comfort him, he is clean, fed etc

mum and dad come running out of local restauraunt as im walkin past and start saying "omg omg, poor baby" and snatch him outta buggy, well u can imagine my surprise lol! anyhow, they go on to tell me how i should be picking him up when he crys, bearing in mind im pushing double buggy and have other mindees in tow!

why do we bother, seriously? if looks could kill id def be dead today, mum has asked if she can stay "few hours" every time he comes to which i abruptly said "no" as i fear it will make matters worse....

can i really put up with this? and will they accept the fact i wont constantly pick him up? ahhhhhhhhh, dunno what to do now?

sunnysmile
01-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I would terminate, but thats due to the last 2 mindees of mine that cried (and not for long) I told parents about it, said nothing serious just a wee cry and both sets of parents terminated with no notice as their children should not cry. I have since decided that I wont be bending over backwards for people who think that way.

Lady Haha
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I would terminate too!!! If mum has asked if she can stay for a few hours each time, then why is she using you in the first place???? My screamer is leaving at the end of the month. I just had enough in the end!!! He's been with me for nine months and I've had him since he was six months. He has no routine whatsoever at home, even though this was something I said he needed as soon as he started. I think despite my best efforts at trying to help mum get him to fall asleep on his own, she was secretly giving in all the time at home!!!

He still screams for half an hour before he nods off now!

The Juggler
02-05-2009, 08:45 AM
I would terminate too!!! If mum has asked if she can stay for a few hours each time, then why is she using you in the first place???? My screamer is leaving at the end of the month. I just had enough in the end!!! He's been with me for nine months and I've had him since he was six months. He has no routine whatsoever at home, even though this was something I said he needed as soon as he started. I think despite my best efforts at trying to help mum get him to fall asleep on his own, she was secretly giving in all the time at home!!!

He still screams for half an hour before he nods off now!

All the advice in the world we can give you won't work if mum and dad run to him everytime he cries. He will not learn independence that way. A cuddle and talk is fine but grabbing him up saying OMG like he is hurt will just reinforce his need for security like something is always wrong.

I would say this would be a tricky one to resolve. Reinforces the importance of working TOGETHER with parents. He needs a minder who thinks like them or a nanny.

Nx