PDA

View Full Version : First mindee leaving since EYFS what do I give them??

yummymummy
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Hadn't thought of this before but mindee leaving so do I give mum the whole file of things I do for EYFS for their child including all about me, arts and crafts etc and all my observations?
When Ofsted come do they only want to see current childrens EYFS files?
Ooh I'm getting in a tizz now, can anyone tell me what to do for definite, would hate to give to parent for it all to end up in recycling bin (Some of mine do this with all artwork:angry: ) and Mr or Mrs Ofsted to say I should have something for past mindees since 1st September.
Any help gratefully received, need to know by Tuesday!!!!!! :panic:

sarah707
01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Ofsted only want to see paperwork for current children.

All the learning and development stuff goes home. You have to hope they treat it with respect.

Keep confidential family paperwork, attendance records, accident forms, medication stuff, contracts... all of that stuff... somewhere safe and locked away in case there is a query in years to come.

Hth :D

yummymummy
01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the answer Sarah, thats great :)

singlewiththree
01-05-2009, 03:00 PM
If they are leaving to go to nursery/school would you send it to the school rather than the parent?

cher25
01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanx for asking that question, i was wondering the same thing. :)

Nix
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
As Sarah said it goes to the parent and they can pass it on...if they choose to and if the next setting wants to see it!

Nix,x

huggableshelly
01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
one thing I have done is requested permission from one parent to keep examples of obs done on her child to show to prospective parents/ofsted names and dob removed and no photo either ... i used his obs for my coursework too so have gained alot from doing them already.