PDA

View Full Version : A question about under fives

Paws
01-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Hello
Could someone please clarify for me about the children and ages ratio. I had my introduction session last night but couldn't get to speak to the tutor to confirm it:

I realise that we can only have a certain number of under 5's including our own. But, does this mean five years old and under, or does it mean literally, under fives's ie, four years old and under?

Does that make sense? So if when they turn 5 are they exempt or are they still counted WHILE they are 5, so up until their 6th birthday?

sarah707
01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
You can have 3 under 5... so if your own children are 3 and 2, you can only have one more child...

5 is classed as the child going to full time 10 sessions a week school so this will vary depending on school intakes in your area and the child's birthday.

If a child is on settling-in sessions you cannot fill their space as they are still not in full time school.

Once they are at school full time it counts for term time as well as holidays.

Does that make sense? :D

TheBTeam
01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Just one thing to add is that for EYFS purposes although the child of 5 may attend full time school and therefore be an over 5 for ratio purposes you will still have to support the EYFS until the 31st August after their 5th birthday.

hope not to have confused you, but this is usually the follow up question to the ratio one!:D :thumbsup: