PDA

View Full Version : where to store wet paintings

Helen79
01-05-2009, 08:43 AM
All my kitchen surfaces & floor is covered in wet paintings :panic:
Just wondering where everyone stores wet paintings while they dry? Need ideas so I can actually sit at my kitchen table to eat breakfast lol

misst104
01-05-2009, 08:45 AM
In the summer I hang mine out on the washing line to dry but I'm the same when its wet! Floor and window sills covered in wet paint. Drives OH mad :D

xxx Jo

michellethegooner
01-05-2009, 08:55 AM
in summer on the line, in winter I have a string attached up high in the kitchen I have hooks on either wall and can take the string down when not in use hth

drives me mad too, noticed when i went to playgroup weds that the pictures hadnt even been taken in and had got destroyed by the rain previous night, I thought that was bad actually imagine the poor kids when they go back and see or dont see for that matter the state of their pics :(

Chatterbox Childcare
01-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I hang mine on my indoor clothes airer and when it is clear outside put it out there

Helen79
01-05-2009, 09:00 AM
drives me mad too, noticed when i went to playgroup weds that the pictures hadnt even been taken in and had got destroyed by the rain previous night, I thought that was bad actually imagine the poor kids when they go back and see or dont see for that matter the state of their pics

That's quite sad, dd wold have been really upset at that. She quite often tells me she's done a picture for me at nursery but she couldn't bring it home cos another child cut it up or it's been lost :mad:

I did think about getting a retractable washing line for in the kitchen.

manjay
01-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I have a paintings dryer that I bought quite cheaply in the SBS sale. It fits quite nicely out of the way in my utility room and folds up when not in use. One of my better buys I have to say. Doesn't help if you don't have anywhere out of the way to put it though as it is not exactly the type of thing you want hanging on your kitchen wall;)

miss mopple
01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
have a fold out airer that I got from ikea for about £3. Its fab :thumbsup:

angeldelight
01-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I have a paintings dryer that I bought quite cheaply in the SBS sale. It fits quite nicely out of the way in my utility room and folds up when not in use. One of my better buys I have to say. Doesn't help if you don't have anywhere out of the way to put it though as it is not exactly the type of thing you want hanging on your kitchen wall;)

Ooooooooooh get you Amanda :laughing: :laughing:

Says a jealous Angel

xxx

LaUrA K
01-05-2009, 09:24 AM
i have patio doors so i just blue tack them on there and on my windows. I just have to watch the curtains lol

Bananabrain
01-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I put lining paper on top of my stove and dry them on there, because I simply don't have anywhere else. Also keeps wet,sticky things away from LO's.

Have considered one of those fancy dryers they have in nurseries ,but it's just another expense and am trying{and failing} to stop my house turning into a nursery:laughing:

ORKSIE
01-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Lay mine on any flat surface available:thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
01-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I got an octopus hanger from ikea that hangs on the washing line & had pegs all around for small garments/socks etc but I use it for paintings and hand it on my shelf

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80124638

hectors house
01-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Some makes of paint are too runny to dry pictures anywhere but down flat - Asda used to do really great ready made paints in squeezy containers - went to get some more recently - they have stopped selling green (ok we can mix it but then end up with loads) and the second lot of red we bought (different container to last lot), is actually more of a pink. I looked in ELC but am a bit fussy about my greens - it looked a really light shade, so bought some in Wilkinson and it is as thin as water - goes through the paper - what paint do you all buy?

Mrs.L.C
01-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I get mine from either ss-services or bakerross and I bulk buy which works out cheaper and they are not runny- however the red, purple & black slightly stain hands/clothes and take a few washes to get out

Bananabrain
01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I have some ElC paint, some Crayola stuff and some other cheapie stuff.

And it's all very drippy!!!

Drying vertically not really an option:laughing:

TheBTeam
01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
They do the little garment hanging things in a lot of pound shops, not really any ideas for drying flat though if the pictures are runny, i have been known on the really wet bits to put paper towel on it flat to absorb some to help it dry quicker tho.

Got my paint from sbs, now have almost a wardrobe full of every colour, glitter, pearlescent you can imagine, just as the age range of my mindees changed and the bulk are very young so we only use a little, so in 10 years time, when the where do you get the paint question is asked again, i will in all likelihood still have the same stuff!!:laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I got an octopus hanger from ikea that hangs on the washing line & had pegs all around for small garments/socks etc but I use it for paintings and hand it on my shelf

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80124638

oohhhhh i have one of them in my loft ... time to give it a useful job!

normally I hang paintings out on the line or leave them on the dining table to dry.

helenlc
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I like this one:

http://www.costcuttersuk.com/drying_racks/10_shelf_wall_mounted_paint_dryer/131376_p.html
(This site has got some nice other things too)

They have it at the new childrens centre that has opened near me and I thought it was the perfect size for home. Glad I found it - might invest in it in a couple of months when I have a few more pennies!!

jibberjitz
01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Mine get put on the dining table (or any other flat space!) :D

Heaven Scent
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I hang mine on my indoor clothes airer and when it is clear outside put it out there

Same here - I got a great small one from IKEA last year that folds away- its brill.

ORKSIE
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Be carefull with crayola, it stains skin. If i am able will put some pics up:panic: did some hand painting, kids looked like the hulk:laughing:

singlewiththree
02-05-2009, 07:04 AM

I do the same