PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worried......

Lyns123
01-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm probably being really stupid but one of my parents hasn't paid me and their money normally goes into my account on the 1st of every month.................i'm worried they might give notice (they pay in advance) and it's a direct debit so they wouldn't of forgotten.

I know they won't give notice because of anything i've done and the little boy is really happy here, it's probably me being paranoid but i can't help but worry. I think i'm so worried because i've got the perfect amount of mindees and my monthly income is just what i need and it works out that i get every Monday off but the rest of the week is full, if they were to leave it would mess it all up!!!

I think i'm just after some reassurance really :)

Mouse
01-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Why not phone the bank & ask if the payment is there ready to be credited to your account? Sometimes there's a delay, even though the money is there.

If it's not, phone the parents. You could word it that you were concerned there was a problem with their bank & you wanted to warn them in case any other of their direct debits didn't get paid.

It doesn't sound as if you've got any reason to suspect they're going to give notice.

RedDragon
01-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Could it be anything to do with the Bank holiday this monday?

Lyns123
01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
It might be the bank holiday, maybe i'll get paid on Tuesday or something!!

I think i'm worrying for nothing but because i feel it's all perfect at the moment i'm just thinking the worst as it's ***'s law!!

I'll call the bank to see if it's there, good idea.

Thanks xxxx

rickysmiths
01-05-2009, 09:23 AM
If the direct debit is due to go in on the 1st then it should go in today, the Bank Holiday may only affect it if it was due to go in on Monday.

Check with the parents, how long have they been with you?

It may be a simple mix up. I had a nonsence with my bank last month, in September last year I set up two direct debits from my account into each of my childrens accounts for their pocket money.

When they got their statements in March the money hadn't gone through, the money was in my account. When I asked what had happened they told me the direct debit had been cancelled! :eek: By whom I said? I hadn't cancelled them! Oh its been set up to automatically cancel after a few months!!!! :eek: I have never heard of this before, direct debits that apparently self destruct!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway it could be something as simple as that.

Lyns123
01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Checked with bank and they said to keep checking as it still may go in today, i thought if money was going in then it would just go in in the morning!

The mindee has only been with me since february but so far payments have always been on the 1st of every month.

Will text mum later if still not in, what should i say?? i don't want to sounjd accusing or anything x

FizzysFriends
01-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Checked with bank and they said to keep checking as it still may go in today, i thought if money was going in then it would just go in in the morning!

The mindee has only been with me since february but so far payments have always been on the 1st of every month.

Will text mum later if still not in, what should i say?? i don't want to sounjd accusing or anything x

I would mention it to mom because there is so much hacking into accounts at the moment there might be something dodgy happening she doesn't know about.

ORKSIE
01-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I would ring Bank again this afternoon, if no luck ask mum just in case something Dodgy is going on, cos she would obviously want to know too.

Mouse
01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't leave it too late to phone mum as if there is a problem she will need plenty of time to sort it out.

Just word it that you're doing her a favour in pointing out that there may be a problem with her account.

Lyns123
01-05-2009, 11:18 AM
This is what i text mum:

Hi ****, just checked my account and your payment hasn't come, has it left your account or should i expect it on tuesday? x

Thats alright isn't it, doesn't sound damanding or anything does it?

wendywu
01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
No that sounds very polite.:)

Minstrel
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi

Did you get this sorted out?

xxx

nicole_kirsty
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
My SIL has had probs with a payment going into her bank this weekend that always goes in as is a DD. Has come out the other persons bank so think its just because of Bank hols. I expect your find it will be in in the next couple of days!

Fingers crossed for you!