PDA

View Full Version : in 2 weeks found out im losing all 5 children!

sammy
30-04-2009, 10:17 PM
but all for genuine reasons and not because of me - they were all so unexpected - with this job you could be full to the brim with children then to find you have hardly any!!

Luckily i still have my full timer.

But one is starting preschool in Sept, so i still have him for a while.

2 children (siblings) have given a months notice as the mum will be around to collect her kids from school and take them home, but on odd occasions will use after school club (no point her sticking with me as it will be very occasional, and im hoping to fill spaces)

Then another 2 children (siblings) have also given a months notice today as the parents have split so she cant afford me, and will have to use their granny to care for them, even though they absolutley love coming to me.

Its such a sad time, and i felt bad even doing a months notice, but still rules are rules, I was thinking about making it 3 weeks, so she doesnt need to come back after half term, as i dont have them in half term. What do you think? or should i stick to 4 full working weeks notice?

michellethegooner
30-04-2009, 10:20 PM
awww sorry 2 hear that, thats the downside 2 this job, hope something comes up soon

cher25
30-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Hope something comes up for you very soon. I might be losing my only full timer and his brother soon, parent is looking for a job and wants to work badly but cant get anything. Im in the dark as to whether they are staying or not. :(

sammy
30-04-2009, 10:26 PM
luckily i have had 2 enquirys, but ive had all these kiddies for a year now and have got quite attached to them, i still offered for them to come and play, as i think at such young age its a shame that not only have they not got their dad, but they lose me too! And they ask all week about coming to see me! bless them

cher25
30-04-2009, 10:33 PM
luckily i have had 2 enquirys, but ive had all these kiddies for a year now and have got quite attached to them, i still offered for them to come and play, as i think at such young age its a shame that not only have they not got their dad, but they lose me too! And they ask all week about coming to see me! bless them

I know what you mean, it is hard. I've not quite had the 2 i have for a year yet, but i have grown attached to them both. And the lo apparently talk about me and my dp at home. They went on holiday a couple weeks ago and the lo had his mams phone. He babbles like mad with it, and moaned when she said to say hi to granny (for example), but happy to pretend me or dp were on the phone.lol

Heaven Scent
30-04-2009, 10:46 PM
This happened to me with 4 in Nov - Got notice for 2 on Mon and the other 2 on fri -2 were f/T and the others were 4 days one pre schooler and 1 school age, then another P/t gave notice a couple of weeks later, followed by another p/t the day their school broke up for christmas. In Jan I got notice from a boy I collected from a high school 5 days - (no loss as he had aspergers and it made life very difficult for the other children) I was then left with just 1 almost 2 full days.

Things have been very difficult financially and my self esteem ran off down the stream. In the last few weeks one P/T mindee came back and a F/T started last Monday and I still have the one 2 days and I have a loose enquiry for some p/t work for 2 sisters and a baby 4 days pw from Sept. So thins looking up now and that has made me much happier.

carolinel
01-05-2009, 07:55 AM
sorry to hear you are losing the children, however I think you should stick to the 4 weeks notice, it's not your fault they are all having problems and you still have a business to run and bills to pay!

Mouse
01-05-2009, 08:23 AM
That is a shame. It sounds as if they have all been very happy with you, so don't forget to ask parents for glowing references before they leave.

ORKSIE
01-05-2009, 08:43 AM
I lost 3 in a month! but lucky for me I full again.
That phone will start ringing soon, i'm sure:)

sammy
01-05-2009, 08:45 AM
That is a shame. It sounds as if they have all been very happy with you, so don't forget to ask parents for glowing references before they leave.

i already have glowing references from them, from someone asking before, and they gave me copys! really nice things they said about me - ahhhh

They all love it here and have such fun, nevermind.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-05-2009, 09:01 AM
but all for genuine reasons and not because of me - they were all so unexpected - with this job you could be full to the brim with children then to find you have hardly any!!

Luckily i still have my full timer.

But one is starting preschool in Sept, so i still have him for a while.

2 children (siblings) have given a months notice as the mum will be around to collect her kids from school and take them home, but on odd occasions will use after school club (no point her sticking with me as it will be very occasional, and im hoping to fill spaces)

Then another 2 children (siblings) have also given a months notice today as the parents have split so she cant afford me, and will have to use their granny to care for them, even though they absolutley love coming to me.
Its such a sad time, and i felt bad even doing a months notice, but still rules are rules, I was thinking about making it 3 weeks, so she doesnt need to come back after half term, as i dont have them in half term. What do you think? or should i stick to 4 full working weeks notice?

If parents have split them mum will be entitled to tax credits. She will get 80% of up to £300 per week.

Might be worth mentioning it to her

sammy
01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
im not sure how it works, but she is a nanny and i think she gets cash in hand, so i dont think that would work some how, i also only have them 4 hours one day week, They used to come to me as a treat i think and also give the nan a day off. But yes i did think of this.

The Juggler
02-05-2009, 08:47 AM
If parents have split them mum will be entitled to tax credits. She will get 80% of up to £300 per week.

Might be worth mentioning it to her

was just going to say the same thing - she probably doesn't know.