PDA

View Full Version : Logistics of getting up and down stairs with lo's

sophiestars
30-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I have a bit of a dilemma on Wednesdays. It's the only day I have 3 lo's - I have my own son who is 2 1/2, a 13mth old and a 7 mth old. I had them all together for the first time yesterday.

After lunch my ds has a nap in his cot upstairs. The 7 month old (baby F) also has a nap and will only sleep in a travel cot which I also put upstairs. The 13 mth old (P) has her nap in the morning. So to take ds up for his nap I thought what shall I do, it's quite risky trying to carry the other 2 upstairs together so i took baby F up first and settled him down while ds finished his lunch and P was strapped into her booster seat.
I then took ds upstairs with P and put him to bed and took P back downstairs. I don't know how I can do it and keep them all in sight. I thought I could put the travel cot in the living room as I have a large kitchen/diner which I could keep P in while F is asleep, but would prefer him upstairs so P has the run of the whole downstairs as the living room is a cosier place to play in IYSWIM?. I just know that knowing my luck ofsted will turn up on a wednesday and I just want to know what would be acceptable?

Thanks Sophie

huggableshelly
30-04-2009, 09:24 PM
children MUST be in SIGHT or HEARING at all times so you can go and put children upstairs providing you can hear the others.

As for Ofstead ... you tell them you go out on weds to different places and its not practical to stay in!

sophiestars
30-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Well I do have my son at nursery until 12 on wednesdays so I'm hoping a middle of the day nursery run will put them off!! Saying that, I'll probably have one of the ones who sits and waits in their car til I'm back!

huggableshelly
30-04-2009, 09:43 PM
still waiting for one to visit me too but hoping it isnt on a wed as i only have one mindee and want the inspector to see me working with more.