PDA

View Full Version : Help needed re assistant - please!!

butterfly
30-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Please can you help me out? I'm thinking of employing an assistant to allow me to have some extra children however I have no clue where to start!

I need info re minimum wage, contracts, NI and tax, insurance

would i be liable for maternity leave money / redundancy etc

obviously the contracts would have to factor the fact that if i lost the extra children i would have to lose the assistant - how does that work?

also are the chances of having my numbers increased by ofsted if i had an assistant good?

i think it would be for 2 days per week so maybe 16hrs per week.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-04-2009, 05:01 PM
You need to get your assistant to complete the EY2 form (download from Ofsted website) and then send it to Ofsted. The will in turn get the CRB organised and then send you a letter to say whether the applicant is acceptable.

I would advise not going down the employed route and ask them to be self employed (contact the IR for more information)

Once Ofsted are happy it will need to be noted on your certificate that you can work with an assistant with any conditions that they stipulate and you can then ask for increased numbers.

You need to contact your insurance company and get an Employers Liability certificate to cover you (you need this for volunteers, self employed or employed).

Lastly, you need written permission from parents for the children to be with/left with an assistant.

There is an assistant section somewhere too.

butterfly
30-04-2009, 05:28 PM
if they are self employed would i have to pay min wage, ni or tax or them? does anyone have a self employed assisant -are they generally happy with this arrangement? how do you advertise for someone?

Angela234
30-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Doesn't a assistant need to also do first aid if left alone with the children