PDA

View Full Version : Is it really free???!

Tatjana
30-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Is ordering from Vistaprint really free or are there any catches?

Yesterday i was looking at business cards, they were £12.99, today they have been reduced to £2.49

Postcards i was interested are suddenly free?!

Is this too good to good to be true?

Or do they make their money on the postage?

Would love to hear as i want to order them but a bit concerned there's a catch!

TIA
xx

aly
30-04-2009, 03:13 PM
i've ordered from there before yes they are free only p&p to pay..

be aware though that you will get inundated with emails so may want to use
an email account you rarely use.

x

Tatjana
30-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks so much for your reply, you have reassured me...i'm off to order!

xx

Tatjana
30-04-2009, 03:17 PM
OMG, what a joke, it's gone back to full price since 5 mins ago:angry:

xx

jellytot
30-04-2009, 03:21 PM
just keep an eye on it the prices do jump around alot

Princess Sara
30-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I get an email everyday from them. The prices change all the time, and once you've ordered one thing, like the free buisness cards, you get offers every day for ever... urgh.

RedDragon
30-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Hang on, don't buy them yet.

RedDragon
30-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Go on Moneysavingexpert.com and type in Vista print.

:eek:

jellytot
30-04-2009, 03:36 PM
why it keeps saying it cant find anything, what should it do?

RedDragon
30-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Hang on - I will see what to type in.

On the search bit type in vista print - the second thread down has 25 pages with info. Read it before you order :idea:

loocyloo
30-04-2009, 03:51 PM
i bought some new cards/magnets/car magnets from vistaprint before christmas. not getting their emails now!!! i haven't done anything to stop them!!!

xxx

aly
30-04-2009, 03:54 PM
i know someone who ordered from them [maybe it wasnt hte uk one} but they got charged a monthly charge for something so please make sure you check the boxes before ticking yes or no.

otherwise I have had no problems and I have ordered a few times...my friend has also ordered too

xx

Tatjana
30-04-2009, 04:00 PM
OOHHH NOOOO, i've gone and ordered now, i feel sick that i've made a big mistake now:panic: :( :mad: :eek:

I don't remember ticking any boxes??????????????????????????????????????

Worried........:censored:

xx

PixiePetal
30-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I am sure you will be fine, I had some business cards made - great!

Only get the odd e mail now, nothing else to pay:thumbsup:

Tatjana
30-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I just read that thread on moneyexpert and i don't remember signing up for anything, just placed the order.

It seems some of you have no complaints, i just hope i will be the same!

Thanks ladies.

xx

melanieabigail2004
30-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Make sure you tick the box that says you don't want to be contacted and everything is absolutely fine - I've done bus cards, posters, headed paper and my friend got a decal for her car window

Mel

sarahlou
30-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I ordered all my cards from vista print and the first 250 were free:)

TheBTeam
30-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I have had numerous of everything that they give you free, i was just warned not to sign up for the vistaprint rewards, and then everything is fine.

I have bought lots of things over the last 4 years and only paid what i intended for postage or goods, i have also taken advantage on a couple of occasions of the offers that are good for 10minutes after you place your order without problems.

I would not worry, i have even rung them about an order i made that was not received and without question they sent it again.

I get regular emails with items offered free and just ignore the ones that i am not ready to use.

I have business cards, brochures, letter head paper, business cards for listing allergies, emergency parents cards. Postcards to advertise, postcards to note things down for parents, t shirts, caps, and recently a cotton bag!!

Curly Quavers
30-04-2009, 06:00 PM
They email me EVERY DAY :(

But what I have found is you need to act on the free products the same day the email is sent otherwise the do go up. But don't panic I bet within 7 days you will have an other email to say all the same stuff is free again. If you are patient you can gets exactly what you need for free. :laughing:

Tatjana
30-04-2009, 07:15 PM
It's still saying the postcards are free, i tried 3 times and each time it changed from free to full price, but i ordered anyway as the business cards were so cheap.

Fingers crossed i'll be lucky and nothing will go wrong, i can live with the emails...i can just block them anyway.

Thanks again ladies for the replies.:thumbsup:

xx

Lincsminder
30-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I have ordered from them dozens of times and allways make good use of all the free things. You will find the prices jump about all the time for example I wanted to order some postcards for the school fair today and they were full price so I found an email from 3 weeks ago where they were free and clicked on that and it sent me to a page where they were free and it also offered me free car magnet, then I did the same for the business cards and was then offered a free pen and money off a window sticker. So thats 500 business cards, 250 oversized post cards, pen, 1window sticker and car magnet for £8.57.

jibberjitz
30-04-2009, 07:30 PM
I know a few people at work that use them and they have always got them free :thumbsup:

Jen4Kids
30-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Ive had 3 sets of free business cards over the time and a car sticker, and this week ive ordered 25x brochures (postage £5) and some return labels (postage £2) :thumbsup:

I get emails from them telling me ive been picked for free stuff, but only look if im after stuff

jessie1
30-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I just received over £70 worth of things and only paid postage.
I moved house so had to re-order my postcards as my number changed and the same with business cards all with my own logo. I also received a free T-Shirt, a pen, Letterheads, A4 Pamphlets and sticky notes and all very good quality. Everyone is really impressed by it and I never mention how cheap they were as if they think i work hard to get a professional image and pay loads all the better.

Lady Haha
30-04-2009, 09:57 PM
ARRRGGGHHHH!! Jen4kids!!! I've been after some more free brochures and been looking last couple of days, seems like I just missed them then!!!!

michellethegooner
30-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I have had business cards, brochures, 2 car magnets, window decal, address label, postcards, letterhead paper, stamper, t-shirt, and ordered a cotton bag today all free just p&p never had no probs with them

Tatjana
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I emailed them to say i was disappointed that the 'free' cards were charged for when i got to the checkout, they have emailed back saying they will refund me!:D

xx

TheBTeam
01-05-2009, 09:30 PM
I emailed them to say i was disappointed that the 'free' cards were charged for when i got to the checkout, they have emailed back saying they will refund me!:D

xx

As i said above, i really think that they are genuine, just be careful of their rewards thing, that is where the problems start apparently, they must love us childminders, i am waiting for my bag to come and all it cost was £2.31 postage!