PDA

View Full Version : Ncma Renewal??

Minnie mouse
30-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi all im due to renew my NCMA membership but it seems so expensive (nearly £80 before paperwork) thats for membership and insurance, is MM any cheaper? and also with NCMA it now says employers liability certificate £5 is this the usual public liabilty certificate, which we now have to pay for? Im not working at the mo, i have no children on roll and i find this abit steep. :rolleyes: Thanks guys :)

Daftbat
30-04-2009, 02:39 PM
The £5 charge is for people who actually employ someone else as i read it.

I have just had my renewal through and after 9 years with them i have just decided to not renew. Morton Michel offer public liability ins at £40 and i have decided after all these years i think i can write my own contracts etc. The only benefit i feel they can really offer is the legal things but to be honest i feel more than happy taking people to the small claims court myself if the need arose.

It will mean spending some time getting my documents created but once they are done it will be easy. I think £68 in my circumstances for getting 6 magazines a year and being able to use their paperwork (which of course you have to buy) is not worth it.

TheBTeam
30-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I only paid £45 for membership and renewal the other day?:blush:

Hooligan59
08-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Like the others, I too am thinking of going over to Morton Michel.

I paid £68.50 last year for NCMA, and to be honest wonder what I got for my money! Like Penny I feel it's a lot for six thin magazines a year, and a reduction in their paperwork.

Morton Michel appear to also have help-lines for legal matters, and their policy says it covers a legal representative etc, so I don't feel I would be left to deal with legal matters on my own.

Seriously considering a change after 16 years!

The Juggler
16-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Membership isn't that much is it!? The insurance is most of the cost isn't it so about £20 for membership? Morton michel does seem a bit cheaper then for public liability.