PDA

View Full Version : Policies and portfolios

lizzymoonshine
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Me again, still panicking,

how do you set out the portfolio? is it a good idea to put the things in the order of every child matters?

x:eek:

sarah707
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Have a good browse round the forum... lots of ideas...

Have a look on Bromley for suggestions about portfolios...

My portfolio outline is here...

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2811

Ask if you need anything else! :D

deeb66
10-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes as Sarah says there is lots of information already here on the forum and of course Bromley is excellent too.

Hope you have managed to find what you need.

Spangles
10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Personally, I would lay it out however it's easiest for you as the parents won't give a monkeys what order it's in and you're the one who's got to work with it.

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I have put all my policys and info into a folder and put my policys towards the back there is about 48 pages and parents never read it properly though so sometimes i wonder why i bother ! but at least I know ofsted will read it ! so wont be wasted xxx

deeb66
10-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I have put all my policys and info into a folder and put my policys towards the back there is about 48 pages and parents never read it properly though so sometimes i wonder why i bother ! but at least I know ofsted will read it ! so wont be wasted xxx

Ofsted won't read them....the inspector likes to see a list of the policies that you have.....he/she will not be interested in the content of them.

Frustrating I know....especially after all the hard work:(

manjay
10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Ofsted won't read them....the inspector likes to see a list of the policies that you have.....he/she will not be interested in the content of them.

Frustrating I know....especially after all the hard work:(

My inspector was very interested in my policies but then they have to be sent in with your application form so I suppose they have time to read them whilst sat in their office. I know she read them as she picked up on some really obscure things!!

amanda xx

deeb66
10-02-2008, 06:41 PM
My inspector was very interested in my policies but then they have to be sent in with your application form so I suppose they have time to read them whilst sat in their office. I know she read them as she picked up on some really obscure things!!

amanda xx

Yes....as you know it is different in England than in Wales.

If they were to sit and read all your policies and other paperwork they would be here all day just doing that alone!!

I do agree that the Welsh way is better......at least someone is reading all our hard work :D