PDA

View Full Version : New Enquiry....First Older one helppp....

Doll123
30-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey all i have a new potential mindee coming later to look round, she's 8. first over 5 i've had so not really prepared for her. Just about to pop into town to grab a few things.
Was thinking Barbies/Bratz, older Books.
Can anyone think of anything else, what do your older mindee's enjoy doing when they are with you.

Thanks in advance.
Katie xx

estrelas
30-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I have a 8 year old and she is just the best!!

She loves everything, mostly arts, she shes in to high school musical and everything really!
she loves playing dolls with the little ones.
We have a childrens encyclopedia which she loves to read when she wants some quiet time

On her first day i made her write a list of all her fav things, she liked doing it and we went together to get her a wii game ( which we've never used as too busy)

nicole_kirsty
30-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi,

I'd say they still enjoy crafts like card making, scrapbooking etc. High school musical stuff, hannah montana and camp rock will be a hit for the typical 8year old. Could get an activity book from WHSmiths with one of the above? What about Fimo? She could make her own beads, necklaces etc?

HTH a bit!

Doll123
30-04-2009, 08:40 AM
oh what a brill idea getting her to do a list, might just go get some older bits like Hamma beads and arty things, don't really want to go buy expensive things like Barbies, incase she's not a girly girl. Thanks for the advice, im on to it right away :laughing:

Katie xx

estrelas
30-04-2009, 08:45 AM
also when they came to view, I spoke to her more than her mum.
She was very unsure about coming so talking to her made her realise she'd have some independance here and wouldn't be treated like the little ones

She gets to decide things that we do, she likes having a bit of control as shes older

Demonjill
30-04-2009, 04:09 PM
dd loves horses and ponies and has lots of animal hospital sets from Argos etc. Polly pocket is also fab. And dvds always go down well.:thumbsup:

PaulaR
30-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Hama Beads and cooking are popular in my house for the older ones