PDA

View Full Version : How'd you feel when you got your first mindee?

Spangles
29-04-2009, 10:01 PM
A thread I was reading a while ago has brought back memories to me of how I felt when I got my first mindee.

Obviously I was really excited and nervous but I also had a huge feeling of 'oh my God, I can't believe someone is actually going to let me have responsibility for their child'! It really shocked me even though obviously this is what the whole idea was from the beginning!

How did everyone else feel when they got their first mindee?

Lady Haha
30-04-2009, 08:44 AM
haha! Yes I felt the same as that! I also couldn't believe some one was even going to PAY me to look after their child!!!

I don't feel like that now, cos 'I'm worth it':laughing:

Mouse
30-04-2009, 08:48 AM
It's a long time ago now, but I remember for the first few days I watched the baby like a hawk! I didn't have lunch, sprinted to the loo & back, never left him alone for minute!

Pleased to say I'm now a lot more relaxed about it!

Bananabrain
30-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I can remember physically shaking when it dawned on me how much responsibility it is.

Also remember wondering how on earth other minders coped with 4,5,6 children upwards.

Now I feel that it's a bit like having your own,you just get used to it.

I have to be incredibly organised though,it's the only way I can do it.

Allie
30-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I was so relieved to finally get one I didn't feel that nervous, I can remember hating dealing with the money side, that took a while to be comfortable with

Allie

emler
30-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I remember feeling really nervous for the first few days. Baby was 4 months old and I watched her like a hawk. Thankfully I soon learned to chill out a bit but I have always felt slightly nervous when a new mindee starts.

mandy moo
30-04-2009, 10:21 AM
All of the above..lol
I still wonder how some cope with 4 or more..lol
Money, I still hate this side of it..
Now they've been with me a while tend to treat them, mostly, as if they're my own:blush:

Mollymop
30-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I felt everso nervous and made sure my whole house was spotless before she came and got all the toys out for her and even got something special in for her first lunch with me. I wanted everything to go perfect. Well she fell over and bumped her head, so had to fill in accident book on my first day and I was petrified!

nannysue
30-04-2009, 10:34 AM
My Goodness its sooooo long ago:eek:(back in the olden days!!:D ) but i remember she was so good and the parents were lovely. I had her from 8mths - 9yrs old. I still see her around town sometimes and i think "ahh my baby" :)

sue m
30-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Me too Sue. Mine was 1987 and she was 9 months old, can't remember now when she left but I had her brother too when he came along. My youngest son used to see her in the pub and say he felt really old seeing her, he was 12 when I started minding. I wasn't at all nervous cos there was none of this Ofsted stuff.