PDA

View Full Version : How long??

Holly
09-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I have sent in my application along with my medical and the CM2 ones. Ofstead have rung me to say they have them and my application is in process (this was friday 8th feb) how much longer will it take? Also the CRB, i have one and Ofstead have sent it back to me, will it speed up my CRB process or will it still take forever? (it took me like 3 months to get my first one)
Thanks for your help!

Monkey1
09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry Holly i don't know how long they take at the moment. They dont rush themselves though! I would keep phoning to keep track of progress!

sarah707
09-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Hello Holly welcome to the forum!

Don't forget to pop into say hello and introduce yourself!

How long it takes really varies depending on where you are and how quick your police check is... anything up to a couple of months isn't uncommon.

Best to keep chasing them, like Monkey suggests :D

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Holly,

I am in the process of waiting at the moment.

I have had my pre reg - over a week ago and the inspector took my CRB applications with her.

But the Crb haven't even received them from OFsted yet!

My inspector said it only takes between 4 to 6 weeks??! But not while they dillydally at sending them to CRB, it would be quicker to do it myself.

Some people's do only take a few weeks but others do take a long while.

Maybe because you have already had an enhanced CRb it may only take a little while.

My friend's took her 3 months and she was a nursery manager at the time, but her hubby's CRb took the longest as he had convictions.

Good luck, I know how frustrating it is waiting. XX

littlesprogs
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
It took 4 months for my CRB to go through and be sent back to ofsted.

some peoples only takes a few weeks so it really does all depend.

Hope you dont have to wait too long

Louise x

Holly
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all your posts! can you start work if you don't have your CRB? i know i'm not registered yet but i want to get it all sorted lol. Also, i have been reading the posts on here, i want to get NCMA insurance is it better to buy the insurance before i am registered or wait? i am in the early stages of registering, hope it doesn't take too long!

littlesprogs
09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for all your posts! can you start work if you don't have your CRB? i know i'm not registered yet but i want to get it all sorted lol. Also, i have been reading the posts on here, i want to get NCMA insurance is it better to buy the insurance before i am registered or wait? i am in the early stages of registering, hope it doesn't take too long!

you cannot start work without your crb because you cannot work without your certificate which is not sent out until your crb has cleared.

I would advise against getting your insurance at least untilyour crb has cleared otherwise you could have wasted it for a few months waiting on your crb.

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
:) As Louise says,

It is illegal to start childminding with out your certificate.

I am not able to get my insurance until I am registered as the insurance company need your registration number, etc, plus it is part of my grant that I get once I am registered properly.

It is different in different parts of the country but you may find you have to do it this way too, which sounds like a pain, as you have to wait for them to sort out your insurance, which can take a few weeks after you even get your certificate.

Hope it comes soon. XX

littlesprogs
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
:) As Louise says,

It is illegal to start childminding with out your certificate.

I am not able to get my insurance until I am registered as the insurance company need your registration number, etc, plus it is part of my grant that I get once I am registered properly.

It is different in different parts of the country but you may find you have to do it this way too, which sounds like a pain, as you have to wait for them to sort out your insurance, which can take a few weeks after you even get your certificate.

Hope it comes soon. XX

I got my registration number at my pre-reg meeting. It is printed on all correspondance from ofsted like your actions and stuff.

I got my insurance as soon as my crb cleared (although i am now pregnant and moving house so wont be needing it for a good few months yet) It didnt take long for it to come through though a couple of days maybe.

lindylou
09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Holly welcome to the forum its a brill forum and you will pick up lots of useful info here
Linxx

Polly2
10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Holly!

Is that your real name???? I only ask because its mine :D

Holly
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Lol yeah my name is Holly :D christmas baby :D

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 05:30 PM
from start to receiving my cert was 14 weeks almost !!!! xxx

Polly2