PDA

View Full Version : What a day!! Pre-reg

Miriam
29-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Well, I had my pre-reg today - she was here for 3 and a half hours, and she asked so many questions I thought my brain would explode:eek: :eek:

Also she asked questions which were not in the pre-reg booklet like how I would prevent cross infection and one about how I would tell whether toys were safe before I bought them (she seemed to want to know about kite marks and toys meeting BSS standards), some other questions were quite obscure as well. It was really tough. She also looked at everything - all of my policies and my risk assessments (thanks everyone who advised me to have a written one - turned out to be good advice :) ). She looked in my first aid kit and at all my certificates and my letter that says I have a place on my ICP course in May.

She was very helpful and cheerful, but I am so glad that I have done it. I am dreading the actual inspection once I am registered cos this was really tough!!!

Anyway, good news is that she has registered me for 5 children in the Early years category (as I have one of my own) - of which one can be under a year, two more up to the age of 5 and then two can be between 5 and 8 (I think - is that right?) I got the 5 children but got a bit lost after that!!

Also got my letter and certificate today to say that I had passed unit 1 of my private DHC course, am glad that I did that now as helped me answer some of the questions that were not in the prereg booklet!!!

Thanks everyone for all the help so far :) :) :)

sarah707
29-04-2009, 07:57 PM
great news and well done passing the course!

Nearly there now :D

marian
29-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Well done - well on your way now!:)

Marian x

misst104
29-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hiya Miriam and a big WELL DONE on getting through the pre-reg. Sounds like you has a real grilling but you cetainly sound like you were well prepared :thumbsup: Hope you are having a nice relaxing evening to get over it :)

xxx Jo

claireodon
29-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Well done! I'm even more scared about mine now :panic:

Tatjana
29-04-2009, 08:29 PM
You had a tough inspector there...and you survived, well done!:thumbsup:

xx

Miriam
29-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I also forgot to say that she said that my CRBs wont be through until at least July, and she even said I may be lucky to be registered before September - I really hope she is wrong cos living on air isnt proving easy!!! :(

misst104
29-04-2009, 08:55 PM
My CRB's arrived in the post on a Monday and I had my registration certificate on the Saturday so I can't imagine it will take from July :eek: until September????? Hope the CrB's come through quickly for you. Some peoples seem to fly through. Will keep fingers crossed that its alot sooner than she suggests :thumbsup:

xxx Jo

Zoomie
29-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Awwww, I felt exactly the same as you did after my pre-reg. But the important bit is you survived, and passed :D .

You can worry about your 6m inspection, well in 6m time.

Must say, I haven't looked at any of my paperwork since my inspector was here 3 weeks ago, but since I had my first enquiry yesterday, I think it is about time I checked them AGAIN.

Well done, and congratulations. Hopefully it won't be Sept !

Demonjill
29-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Sounds like she was thorough! lol

Well done getting through it.:clapping: