PDA

View Full Version : help; paper work, where do I start?

julie w
29-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I'd be so glad of any advice. I've been childminding for 9 years and I love every minute,however things are changing so much I'm getting myself all worked up over paperwork. I don't know where to start. I've been told about the eyfs and also the 6 areas of learning.Are they part of the same thing? I don't want to sound thick, but what do I do with it all. I've always given the children great care and I have a good name for myself as a childminder. I've always done a home book to share the days activities with the parents, and that's always been enough. I've never felt the need to plan anything, but we do so much and have lots of fun.At the moment , apart from their home books, all I have are the NCMA attendance book, accounts book and accident book. Also a booklet I give parents with 12 policies in. I know it's not enough cos I've been reading all the threads on here. I feel I'm drowning in information and leaflets and don't know where to begin. Please help! Thankyou so much. Love Julie.xx.

sarah707
29-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Having a home book is a great start so don't panic! If you can do that you can do the rest.

Have you been offered any local training? :D

sue m
29-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I felt the same as you Julie. I was minding for years and then Ofsted arrived! :eek: I felt thick, that I'd never understand it all in a million years, still not sure I do properly but with the help of everyone on this forum, I honestly got over the panic and feel much calmer. You will too soon. You can ask anyone anything on here and people will help as much as they can. :thumbsup:

Pauline
30-04-2009, 06:26 AM
I will just move your post to minding chat as you will get more response there, this area is for problems with the forum. :)