PDA

View Full Version : Putting fee's up

son77
09-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Was thinking of putting my fee's up in April.

Does 20p per hour seem to steep?

I also charge a daily rate that would be going up by £2 or £3, not quite decided yet.

Would you write a letter informing parents ASAP??

Trouble
09-02-2008, 07:43 PM
i need to put mine up but darent cause they twine now at 3.00:panic:

sarah707
09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
That sounds reasonable to me... or even a bit on the low side! But you know what other minders are charging locally...

I tell parents I will give them a month's notice of changes, so I would write and inform them at the end of this month, in a letter that went out with the newsletter then implement it the following month.

Good luck! :D

Pipsqueak
09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Its your business and you need to make sure you are covering all your outgoings and your bit in your pocket. I presume you have just done your self assessment? Do things balance out ok etc (oohh my business training is kicking in! lol).

Make comparisions with what your area is and even if you go 20p above then thats not so bad.

Tily Bud
09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
When i put mine up I tend to go at 25p a time and have raised it twice in 4 years x

deeb66
10-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I put my fees up every year....on the anniversary of the contract.

I usually put them up areound 20p per hour.

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 05:45 PM
I started at £3.00 per hour but have just put them up to £3.50 per hour as felt I was worth it ! LOL xxx no one complained xxx

Angela234
10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I have just put mine up on adds and cis iv'e gone from £3.00 to £3.50
but only for new clients i will put ones on my books now up as their contracts need renewing but only 25p, 50p is too much in one year

All others here are £3.50 to £4.80 and they charge meals i don't.

For what i offer i think i'm worth the increase

Angela

son77
11-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Well I just looked on my local CIS website, most fees are at £3.00p/h, some as low at £2.75 and just 2 at £3.50.

Well I'm increasing to £3.70 p/h!

There are quite a few (like myself) who don't quote on there how much they charge so I'm presuming they are probably at a higher rate.

I'll send the letter out at the end of the month (don't do newsletters as I only look after 1 child so don't really see much point) and wait & see what they say!

Thanks xx

Banana
11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Your increase sounds fine to me :D

xx

Cheeky Chops
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
i dont really charge by the hour (apart from after schoolies) and only put up the fees if I am not meeting outgoings etc, I am happy with my prices and feel although they are low in my area, they are not too low for me. I am putting my fees up with one parent because she has a very good discount and its not enough for me to charge, but we have talked about raising it and she is happy with what we have agreed! xx

tracy1986
11-02-2008, 09:02 PM
The fees for your areas all seem very low, a lot of childminders in my area have just increased to 4.50 from 4.00, i've only gone up by 25p as i didn't know what my parents would say about anything higher. The other childminders mostly all charge for food on top of the 4.50 as well, which i dont.

louise
25-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Have you all put your fees up on contact review date? I was going to put mine up in April. We redone contacts in Jan i was already thinking of an incress then but i thought it would be nicer to do it in april then straight after xmas. Just read in the new NCMA book that you can only do incress when you renew contract. Not happy surley that should be up to us. Mindees mum is looking for another job that is full time and if she gets one i have todl her i would need an hourly incress of 40p to cover me leaving my second job but we would have to redo contracts as hours would change. God i have gone through so many where hours have changes and address(which should be changing again as she is only in temp housing)
lou