PDA

View Full Version : When to give policies out

deb24
09-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Do you give out your policies on the signing of parents signing the contract?

Trouble
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM
yes i give mine out when they sign the contracts

sarah707
09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes when they sign... not before or you might not see policies and parents ever again!

I had one set of parents come twice, then said both times they were going away to think and could they take my paperwork. I stuck to my guns and said no, I only send it home when the contracts were signed. They were a bit pushy and put me under pressure to give them my stuff, but I didn't...

I found out they'd done this to about 4 other minders locally and the woman was from another town... she registered a short while later, I saw her on the CIS site... nice! :D

Tily Bud
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Oooh thats naughty :angry:

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Yep very naughty! :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
My policies are given when the contracts get signed and thats when they get my EY number too!

deeb66
10-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes when they sign... not before or you might not see policies and parents ever again!

I had one set of parents come twice, then said both times they were going away to think and could they take my paperwork. I stuck to my guns and said no, I only send it home when the contracts were signed. They were a bit pushy and put me under pressure to give them my stuff, but I didn't...

I found out they'd done this to about 4 other minders locally and the woman was from another town... she registered a short while later, I saw her on the CIS site... nice! :D

Yes...that is very naughty

I hand mine out when they sign the contracts too!

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I dont give my parents a hard copy as theres 48 pages + to my portfolio and policys but its always available if they want to see it or request copies of individual policys xxx

angeldelight
10-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I do the same as Susan

I used to give out the whole lot but you have got to be kidding now

They are there though if anyone wants to look at them

Of course I do give out the main ones like my fees and late fees and sickness policy

I also get them to sign to say they have read and that they understand my policies

Angel xx

manjay
10-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I do give a copy of them all when contracts are signed. They are however printed in tiny font on thin as possible paper to save me some money. For my peace of mind I like to know they have them and have them to refer to before they try and pull the wool over my eyes!!

amanda xx

susi513
12-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't wait? I give out a handbook including all the policies when they first visit, together with an application form to register their child.

There's a lot to read, and my contracts include a line that the parents have read, understood & agree to the terms in the handbook. So I like to make sure both parents have had plenty of opportunity to read it through & digest it before they sign the contract.

The majority of parents do sign up, so for me that makes up for the ones that take a book and don't return it (I ask them to return it if they don't want to sign up but no-one ever bothers).

If you don't give them your policies until they've signed the contract surely you run the risk of a parent claiming they didn't know you operated that way when they do read your policies?

ma7ie
12-02-2008, 02:58 PM
I have a portfolio that I give to all prospective parents which has loads of information on me and my setting. It also has very basic information on my policies.

When a prospective parent visits, I let them look through my policies while they are here.

I give a copy of my policies only when parents have signed the contract and also get them to sign a form to say that they have read, received a copy and understood my policies.

Marie x