PDA

View Full Version : can you tell me what you think ( about me leaflet)

mozarella
29-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I have done all my policies etc but I am trying to do a presentation / about me services but I am not sure if it is ok, can I have your honest opinion :

My name is .... I am 32 years old and I am an Ofsted registered childminder in ....., London borough of Barnet. I live in a 3 bedroom house with a long garden.

I live with my husband ..... and we have a little boy called William who is 9 months old. My mother in law ..... has been registered as an assistant and will be helping me for various outings I will be organising. I am authorised to look after 5 children with my son.

I am French but have been living in the UK for over 10 years and completely bilingual I am also more than happy to organise French activities if you wish me to do so.

My aim is to provide a safe and fun environment for children in my care. I will encourage children to learn through play, promote a healthy diet and encourage outdoor activities as much as possible.

I have completed the Barnet Certificate in Childminding and a 21 hour paediatric First Aid course.

I hold an enhanced a CRB police check as well as my husband and Gloria my assistant. I also hold a public liability insurance and I am a member of the NCMA (National Childminding Association) and a member of the Barnet Childminding network.

I have fully comprehensive car insurance with business use

I will work full time from Monday to Friday from 7.00 am till 6.00. Pm but I am flexible and happy to discuss specific arrangements.

I believe my setting is welcoming, friendly place where children can have fun and learn through play

Children will be given the opportunity to participate in many different activities and access to various resources which suit their age and development needs.

I know finding childcare can be a daunting experience but I will take pride and pleasure in knowing I offer a safe and welcoming environment for children to come and enjoy themselves whilst giving you a piece of my that your child is in safe hand.

sarah707
29-04-2009, 12:20 PM
That reads really well and is very informative.

The only other thing I might mention is my healthy eating ethos because I feel that is very important to my business. I work hard (with my partner) to design menus that everyone will eat and to balance healthy food with things the children actually enjoy... and I mostly buy organic or free range so the food is the best quality.

Sorry I could go on for ages :o but you get my drift I hope! :D

jibberjitz
29-04-2009, 12:41 PM
I think you've done very well and like Sarah's suggestion too :thumbsup:

Tatjana
29-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Sounds perfect...i'd give you a call if i needed a childminder!:thumbsup:

You're not a million miles from me, i'm in Enfield!

xx

hectors house
29-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Sounds good to me - your first aid course was long - ours was only 12 hours.

mozarella
29-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your comments ! I always find it hard to write about myself. I will add some bit on healthy food too

Yes, my first aid was long, it was sponsored by our council and was free once you completed the childminding course. But it was great as the people i met in the course followed on for the first aid so it was our social evening :)

gegele
29-04-2009, 04:24 PM
that's a great way to introduce the french bit!
i've been looking for month how tot say it but it never comes out right. well done.

and good luck working with your mil ah ah ah ah ah h just kidding, mine would be a nightmare to work we!!!

mozarella
29-04-2009, 05:20 PM
thanks gegele ! my MIL would only assist me for outings or if i have an emergency, just like a back up, but i get on well with her so ...

RedDragon
29-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I am French but have been living in the UK for over 10 years

I would say I am French and have been living in the UK for over 10 years
to me the but sounds negative.

Bilingual - fantastic bonus!

mozarella
29-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I am French but have been living in the UK for over 10 years

I would say I am French and have been living in the UK for over 10 years
to me the but sounds negative.

Bilingual - fantastic bonus!