PDA

View Full Version : what do they look for when you have a 10m old??

poppysue
29-04-2009, 11:44 AM
hi all,
just wanted to ask a few bits.
not yet had my first insp as ive only been reg for 5m now and only just got my child. been 2 weeks now and wanted to know when they may call to arragne a app.
also what would they look for on the day? as the child is only 10m all they do is play, sleep,eat!! lol
i also have my own 15m, when its bed time i leave my lo down stairs while i put other to bed. is this ok?
we dont really have a planned act as he is all over the place. :jump for joy:
any advice please!!
many thanks lisa x
:laughing:

nicole_kirsty
29-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Cant help but will be interested in the answer as taking on a 10month old at beginning june, also be good to know what in terms on EYFS we need to do! Got treasure bags and the bottles that were mentioned in an earlier post but is there anything else we need to have/ do, as you say they eat, sleep and play but you cant really do too much structured stuff as they have a v.v short attention span!!

Looking forward to the replys! Sorry i couldnt be much more help!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 12:33 PM
When Ofsted arrived I said "I have seen your identification and know from that you are CRB registered, therefore I won't be carrying children around with me when I need to go from the room with one of them". She said "ok". So no I wouldn't take yours upstairs when you put the other one to bed.

For activities I would just sit and play with the toys with the both of them. Get a large box out and use them for play. Also have the cd set up and do dancing and clapping and maybe sing some nursery rhymes

poppysue
30-04-2009, 05:53 PM
many thanks ladys!!
will do, but any know how long it will be till a get a call to say when there coming?
lisa x

youarewhatyoueat
01-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I took my inspector for a walk around my village as then I was caring for a 10 month old, I said that we needed to get out and she just said fine if he needs to go out then go, and she joined me and we had a long chat about policies etc.

Brenda
20-05-2009, 06:37 PM
My inspector visited when only one child (12m) was present and he was asleep when she arrived. I checked on sleeping baby and she followed into rest room then she wanted to see my SEF which was on pc but I hadn't submitted it. She read SEF and I kept checking baby. Baby woke took one look at inspector and burst into tears (don't we all :laughing: ) so I asked her to move out of his line of sight till he had woken properly.

The Juggler
09-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I probably would as they might wonder who would be supervising lo normally whilst you are out of the room.

Depends on how long you are upstairs or away. I wouldn't personally want to risk getting Ofsted's back up with a 'safety' or supervision issue. I always take my little ones with me if I go upstairs. Over 3 I might leave but again probably not on an ofsted visit as you've only got to have the wrong inspector. They all have such different opinions that's the problem.

zippy
15-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Hiya

Just let them free play, my inspector said it was a refreshing change to see, mine were 9 months and 13 months. As to the bed time thing I asked inspector told her I normally put other in high chair for a safe place, but as she has been checked I would prefer not to interrupt childs play if that was ok with her, she agreed with me and was delighted to help.

Mrs.L.C
15-06-2009, 07:29 PM
As long as you can hear the children, you can leave the room for things like this.

Some good advise on what to do with the babies whilst Ofsted are there above - same as what you normaly would do - get drinks/snacks/sit on floor and play with the toys/talk to them/sing/read books/go for a walk if child is unsettled/nappy changes/tidying up after yourself and them etc etc