PDA

View Full Version : Electric bill

gailee
29-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi I'm wondering if anyone else is mad about there elecric bill? My bill for this quarter is £330 which i think is absolute mad !!!:angry: I don't have electric heating i don't use the fire/heaters i have the usual applancies and a electric oven which i use daily!! come on my bill can't be this much?? any one else's bill is this stupid!!!!

angeldelight
29-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Have not had mine yet but I bet its going to be expensive also

Angel xx

littlestar
29-04-2009, 10:54 AM
yes me too who are you with mine was £412 for the quarter i was gutted ive just switched suppler because thought it would be cheeper and its doubled! im so angry and struggling to pay it!:angry:

sarah707
29-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I've had to pay extra on top of my direct debits just to balance it ... and the dds are high :(

gailee
29-04-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm with npower with electric and british gas for gas.... i was going to have 1 supplier but i can't afford to pay off my gas and elec at the same time!!! I'm also struggling paying? i'm getting very nasty letters at mo!!:panic:

Demonjill
29-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Im with e on. I changed to them for a capped rate when the prices were going through the roof last year.

I pay gas and electric together. My monthly DD is £72 and after using more through winter i owe them £145 but it will balance out in summer so payments stay same.:thumbsup: Although I can pay extra if i like.

This method suits me at the moment.:D

sue m
29-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I've had to pay extra on top of my direct debits just to balance it ... and the dds are high :(

Me too Sarah. I paid £54 a month for electric and they say I owe them a further £202 and I pay £79 a month for gas and I owe them £3!!! That was Southern Electric and I've been persuaded to change to British Gas but I'm just not sure who's best. I'll wait and see how much they charge me but then I've already paid for the winter months.

Princess Sara
29-04-2009, 11:41 AM
I pay a DD for £85 to e.on for both gas and electricity. It's a capped price online one. We saved loads by doing it online instead of paper bills. And I got a letter yesterday saying our energy prices had gone down from March 09.

We have a nearly new 3 bed terrist(sp?), normal appliances, gas ovan and hobs. Don't use tumble dryer, do use dish washer.

Oh, e.on also sent us a little thing to attach to our electricity supply that tells us in real time what our electricity use is, which helps because I go round turning everything not in use until it's below a certain amount. DF hates having to turn the telly on at the wall when he wants to watch it but it saves loads on the electricity!

jellytot
29-04-2009, 11:41 AM
its seems we are all in the same boat, struggaling with fuel bills. Mine are sitting to the side being ignored. I trying to pretend they not there. They came in as 2 mindees are leaving!!!!

sweets
29-04-2009, 11:51 AM
That seems a hec of a lot!
I have a small house with gas and electric and i pay £60 a month for both.
I would make sure that the bills you have aren't estimated, i never accept those andring them with the true readings.
I am not tight with my heat and we are never cold but its always jumpers on first before the heating! lol

hectors house
29-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Me too Sarah. I paid £54 a month for electric and they say I owe them a further £202 and I pay £79 a month for gas and I owe them £3!!! That was Southern Electric and I've been persuaded to change to British Gas but I'm just not sure who's best. I'll wait and see how much they charge me but then I've already paid for the winter months.

Me too - just changing from n power to Southern Electric - I think my husband was conned - were paying £54 electric and £87 gas (because previous estimates were too low), now because we are changing have had bills for over £120 final payment for gas and £109 electric.

I just did the NCMA calculation of 33% x weeks in a month x direct debit amount all last year in my accounts - now I have just put through a third of the final bills (knocked a bit of last years accounts - which I finished on Monday) was that right as obviously I have not been paying the right amount each month?

devoncm
29-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Im with e on. I changed to them for a capped rate when the prices were going through the roof last year.

I pay gas and electric together. My monthly DD is £72 and after using more through winter i owe them £145 but it will balance out in summer so payments stay same.:thumbsup: Although I can pay extra if i like.

This method suits me at the moment.:D

we are with e.on and pay 70 for both, still got an extortionate bill come through!! wanted to change after that to british gas but need to pay this bill first which we cant afford at mo

Zoomie
29-04-2009, 12:03 PM
What are you all complaining about ?

My DD for gas and electrcity was £106 / month.

Just had a letter saying it is going up to £178 / month, from May :eek: :eek: .

I am mighty annoyed, and goodness knows where the money will come from but my horendous (sp?) bill stems from when they merged my gas and electricity bill together two years ago. Instead of putting both figures on the new bill as debits, they put one as a credit, so I now effectively owe double that amount.

Also wouldn't have minded if they had picked it up two years ago, as we had money to pay it then ...... :censored:

Princess Sara
29-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I just rang e.on and have saved £130 a year on my bill by switching to a better online tarriff. Give your energy companies a ring and see what they can offer.

Or try moneysupermarket.com and switch companies altogether, although doing this you will have to pay any outstanding to your current supplier, which if you have a hefty bill left over from winter will be hard to do.

sue m
29-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I was going to go with e.on and then British Gas persuaded me when I was ringing them about my mother's bill! I now wonder if I should have gone with e.on cos I've heard good things about them. I'll see how it goes and change again if I have to.

It never occurs to me to put anything down for minding.

christine e
29-04-2009, 12:32 PM
It must be all the leccy that the computers are using because of the time spent on the forum!!!!!!!1

Cx:laughing: :laughing:

sue m
29-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Now that I never thought of Christine!!!! :D

charleyfarley
29-04-2009, 01:16 PM
It must be all the leccy that the computers are using because of the time spent on the forum!!!!!!!1

Cx:laughing: :laughing:

I'm obviously not on it that much then as my electric was only £12 :laughing:

Carol xx

manjay
29-04-2009, 01:24 PM
My letter came this morning to say my electricity direct debit had gone up to £104. Also no gas where we are so have to have oil heating. That costs about £600 a time to fill the tank up:angry:

mum2two
29-04-2009, 01:35 PM
My DD's just been upped on gas to £49 a month, and this should even out what I owe. I pay £79 for elec, and owe them about £400 still... so £128 a month combined. :eek:

I don't know how it's so much!! :angry:

xx

FizzysFriends
29-04-2009, 02:48 PM
My letter came this morning to say my electricity direct debit had gone up to £104. Also no gas where we are so have to have oil heating. That costs about £600 a time to fill the tank up:angry:

Same here! I have you tried boiler juice? Have a look on their website, they tend to be cheaper for oil.

Demonjill
29-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I pay a DD for £85 to e.on for both gas and electricity. It's a capped price online one. We saved loads by doing it online instead of paper bills. And I got a letter yesterday saying our energy prices had gone down from March 09.

We have a nearly new 3 bed terrist(sp?), normal appliances, gas ovan and hobs. Don't use tumble dryer, do use dish washer.

Oh, e.on also sent us a little thing to attach to our electricity supply that tells us in real time what our electricity use is, which helps because I go round turning everything not in use until it's below a certain amount. DF hates having to turn the telly on at the wall when he wants to watch it but it saves loads on the electricity!

lol We got one of these energy monitors too. WOW its scary how much you use isnt it? Watch it go up when you switch on your kettle!!!:laughing:

Princess Sara
29-04-2009, 03:40 PM
lol We got one of these energy monitors too. WOW its scary how much you use isnt it? Watch it go up when you switch on your kettle!!!:laughing:

Haha and the washing machine, dishwasher, even hair straightners! It is my reason for not using the iron though so I shouldn't complain too much...

And I was suprised that the gas central heating used electricity, even when it isn't cold enough to switch on. So I switch that off at the wall too, haha!

Mollymop
29-04-2009, 03:46 PM
My electric bill is paid by Direct D every month and is ...£107 a month!!!!

I started off paying £30 a month 3 years ago and then was ok ( started off getting bills stating how much I owed and it was always baout £22 a month, so I set up a DD for £30. But after a while they said it wasn't enough and put my DD up to £60. About a year later they increased it to £107 a month!

My gas is only £35 and they owe me money, I am in credit.

I really don't use that much electricity. Ok my p.c is on most of the day as is my fish tank lights and filter/pump. My garage has electricity and we havea cheast freezer and an extra fridge in there that is always on. We keep the bathroom light on at night, but don't most people do the same as me? And there are so mnay people out there that think i am paying way too much a month. I don't even use the kettle much because we don't drink hot drinks

LOOPYLISA
29-04-2009, 04:39 PM
My electric bill is paid by Direct D every month and is ...£107 a month!!!!

I started off paying £30 a month 3 years ago and then was ok ( started off getting bills stating how much I owed and it was always baout £22 a month, so I set up a DD for £30. But after a while they said it wasn't enough and put my DD up to £60. About a year later they increased it to £107 a month!

My gas is only £35 and they owe me money, I am in credit.

I really don't use that much electricity. Ok my p.c is on most of the day as is my fish tank lights and filter/pump. My garage has electricity and we havea cheast freezer and an extra fridge in there that is always on. We keep the bathroom light on at night, but don't most people do the same as me? And there are so mnay people out there that think i am paying way too much a month. I don't even use the kettle much because we don't drink hot drinks

We ued to have the landing light on when i was little !!

georgie456
29-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote:

We're with e.on on a capped rate too - has saved us money. We also got sent one of the little monitor things - it is great but does make you realise just how much energy you waste - it's quite alarming when you switch the kettle on!

charleyfarley
29-04-2009, 05:09 PM

Good excuse to drink wine :blush: :laughing: might work out cheaper :thumbsup:

Carol xx

breezy
29-04-2009, 05:31 PM
we've just had huge gas and electric bills their prices are ridiculous!