PDA

View Full Version : Do things just fall into place?

uf353432
29-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Starting to get some enquiries, but they are all part time, or full days for a couple of days. Some enquiries not starting until Sept. Had one enquiry relating to a full time all year from June and whilst I am not holding my breath that she will phone back it does illustrate to me that there are full timers still out there, I wonder to myself will I just know that I should sign up a particular child regardless of the hours and hope that things just fall into place - or whether I hold out for the big pay out ones. Its so hard isn't it? I currently only have one under fives space, which given that a local playgroup is starting after school club, and from Sept the school I look after is starting a breakfast club, I can't rely on before and after school care to top up the shortfall.

It does pan out for the best?

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Yes it can fall into place but on the flip side changes overnight can cause holes in your schedule.

We are in a very fickle business but happy parents tend to stay with what they know.

I haven't lost anyone to before or after school club yet.

Be confident and offer something that the other settings don't. Keep the children happy and the parents will be happy. :D

grindal
29-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi
I have to say things did for me - but I know others on here have been advertising like mad without much luck. i finished work at Christmas and had one full time under 5 place available from January. Like you I had loads of enquiries and visits but nothing seemed to go any further. Then in March i had a phone call asking me for a full time place from june. While I was on the phone to her my friend arrived to ask me to have her son 3 days a week from April! So now I am looking after him 5 days a week until June and then I am picking up this little girl from start of June. Looking back I am glad that none of the part time enquiries came to anything, although at the time it was frustrating. good Luck.
Grindal

uf353432
29-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm kind of the mindset that I want good quality parents as much as anything. So even if they are part timers my head says thats fine. I mean one parent only wants me to look after her son monday afternoons - but this lady is really lovely, very well thought of and I figure actually looking after her son is going to give me a fab word of mouth advert.

Hmmmmmm what to do for the best - exciting and stressful all at the same time!

jibberjitz
29-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm hoping so but I've not started to advertise yet, except word of mouth. My web site is up and running though so at least that something:)