PDA

View Full Version : MEETING OTHER CHILDMINDERS

saintsue
29-04-2009, 08:29 AM
MORNING EVERYONH

How should i go about trying to meet up with other childminders

i am from bolton and would love to meet up with other childminders and our children, but dont know how to go about doing it
we have a childminders drop in centre near me but its in the afternoon and all my childen sleep then

luv sue xxxxx

melanieabigail2004
29-04-2009, 08:48 AM
When I moved house I called up the local childminders in my village and invited them around for coffee!

There is a drop in session near me but I run a playgroup on the same morning.

Mel

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Ring your local FIS/CIS and ask them for any help. They have the lists of what happens in your area and there may be an Area Representative who can help too.

Go to toddler groups as childminders are always there. It doesn't take long to network and find people

Good luck

sue m
29-04-2009, 09:29 AM
MORNING EVERYONH

How should i go about trying to meet up with other childminders

i am from bolton and would love to meet up with other childminders and our children, but dont know how to go about doing it
we have a childminders drop in centre near me but its in the afternoon and all my childen sleep then

luv sue xxxxx

Hope you can find somewhere to go when the little one's aren't sleeping Sue or it can be a lonely job can't it.

jibberjitz
29-04-2009, 10:20 AM
When I moved house I called up the local childminders in my village and invited them around for coffee!

There is a drop in session near me but I run a playgroup on the same morning.

Mel

What a good idea :thumbsup:

georgie456
29-04-2009, 12:40 PM
When I registered I went to the weekly Childminding toddler group. It was quite scary at first because they alll seemed to have known each other for ages, but almost 3 years on, as well as colleagues, they have become very good friends of mine - it is so worth doing!

michellethegooner
29-04-2009, 12:46 PM
when I was first registered I spoke to my development officer and unbeknown to me there was TWO other childminders in my block of flats :blush:

One of them I have become quite good friends with now, also our cis has monthly forums that a lot of us attend.

Another way is when you go on training take/give numbers to other minders and meet up for coffee etc.

we also have drops ins that run on a thurs morn that are just for minders.

Does your local cis run any coffee mornings, forums etc?

our 1 runs a buddy scheme where new c/m's are introduced to established minders, (I currently meet up with a new minder every mon,)

hth xx

estrelas
29-04-2009, 12:49 PM
not sure, invite them around for coffee is a brill idea! just go for it, i'm lucky as I knew all the ones local to me before i started, and they have all been brilliant. Goodluck with it x, i live in Chester so a bit far for a coffee, i used to live in Bolton tho, few years back.