PDA

View Full Version : rant!!!

loocyloo
29-04-2009, 07:13 AM
argh!!! just had a mum at drop off say ...

'' you do see xxx into his classroom in the morning don't you? '' ''xxx said he just runs across the playground, when you say the door is open''

i said "of course", and she said ''well, you know, i just had to check''

what did she think i was doing? leaving him in the playground alone ?!!

to be honest, i don't stand there and propel him through the door ... he is old enough (6 1/2 yr) to go in by himself, plus he is not the sort of child to wander off! but i do watch to ensure he is going in the door!

(but when mum takes him to school, she still stnds right outside the door!)

plus our school is having building work, so access is a bit restricted, and some children are going to their classrooms, through other classrooms. and i need to watch several children go in!

argh! rant over! thank you for 'listening' !!

xxx

huggableshelly
29-04-2009, 07:19 AM
our school doesnt like parents taking the children right in unless a child is unsettled or in the nursery.

I watch the yr3's walk round and line up with their teacher then dash bk to yr2 watch tem go into the classrom then bk to reception and take him right up to the door but like you I do not usher them all in right to the door they need some form of responsibility.

Daftbat
29-04-2009, 07:25 AM
our school doesnt like parents taking the children right in unless a child is unsettled or in the nursery.

I watch the yr3's walk round and line up with their teacher then dash bk to yr2 watch tem go into the classrom then bk to reception and take him right up to the door but like you I do not usher them all in right to the door they need some form of responsibility.

Ours is the same - the area inside the door is restricted in terms of space so its not practical for people to go in. The staff also don't envourage parents to go in as they want the children to build on their confidence and independance. 61/2 years is old enough to go in on his own anyway - why don't some parents like to see their kids growing up - i am sure they think of them as babies for far too long sometimes!

However, i did see something shocking the other day - a dad walked his son up to the nursery door, gave him a kiss, pushed him forward inside the door and then left him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Think i might have a word with nursery actually now you have reminded me.

PixiePetal
29-04-2009, 07:26 AM
My kids primary school expected parents to see the kids in for a while in reception, show them where to put fruit snack + drink and pick up name card for lunches/packed lunch and put it in correct box.

Once they were ok with that, they were asked to stay outside window in playground as corridor/doorway gets blocked with so many parents. In other words, it is easier for them to get kids in and get started :)

My kids only wanted me in for a couple of weeks, after all, they were at big school now and SO grown up! :thumbsup: Meant I did not have to get mindees out of buggy to see them in too (no buggies in small corridor either!)

wendywu
29-04-2009, 07:27 AM
I think i would have a word with the XXXXX who said something to your mum, flipping ( is that allowed Pauline ) cheek:angry:

loocyloo
29-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I think i would have a word with the XXXXX who said something to your mum, flipping ( is that allowed Pauline ) cheek:angry:

it is the child who told mum!!!

but, i expect, after being quizzed by mum!

she is the type of mum who likes 110% control, and i am often amazed that actually she DOES go to work, and actually leaves her children with ANYONE else!!! i gather, from the way they behave, that at home the children are not given an inch to move unless she is there! she did say she wanted the 6 1/2 yr old to hold onto the buggy, like he does with her. i said i couldn't do that, as i have LOs holding on, and that he would walk in front of me, with my DS, whilst wearing hi-viz!
:rolleyes: parents! :rolleyes:

wendywu
29-04-2009, 08:39 AM
She sounds delightful:eek:

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 08:59 AM

I read this as the child told mum but even if it was a parent I wouldn't be angry about it.

I would prefer mum to come to me with any concerns so that they could be discussed and cleared up otherwise they would fester, she would give notice and you would be a child down.

I think if mum has come to you then you have a good relationship. Don't feel threatened but confident that you are working well together.