PDA

View Full Version : food setting

gegele
28-04-2009, 09:34 PM
what are the condition under which we need to register as food premise?
where do we register?
what are the pro and cons to get registered?

i'm asking lots i'm sorry.:blush:

littlestar
28-04-2009, 09:39 PM
hi as far as i know there are no conditions i would suggest you do a food hygiene course though:)

huggableshelly
28-04-2009, 09:40 PM
if you provide anything at all for the children then you must register ... this includes tap water!

its free and you get a wonderful book to use daily just to add to your other daily thingies!

I think you need www.food.gov.uk
08456060667 number

gegele
28-04-2009, 09:53 PM
thank you very much i'll give them a ring tomorrow see what they're saying....i have to clean my fridge:blush: :blush: :blush:
oven cleaning product is in oven as we speak!!!! what a live having to hide at night to clean oven thanks to my little crawling clingy teething wonderful boy!!!!!

rickysmiths
28-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Yes there are regulations that have come from Europe that have meant that we now have to Register as a Food Business. Can't remember the detail at present but I quoted it about a month ago on a thread on this topic. They came in in 2006. ( Sorry we've been sampling real ale to decide what to get for our Scout Groups 100th Birthday Party in June !!! so brain not fully in gear!!!)

You need to phone your local Environmental Health department though your local council offices. You will probably be sent a form to fill in and most often that is it. In a few areas you may get a visit from an inspector but they will make an appointment. The reality is though that in most areas by registering the cms they increase their workload to an unreasonable level, as a business we are very low risk and they have bigger fish to fry.!

There are no pros and cons to registering-it is a Legal Requirement! If you provide any food for your mindees.

The Food Standards Agency is a good site to visit. They do a good Handbook which you can order free 'Good Food Better Business'. You may need to go on a Food Hygiene Course.

gegele
28-04-2009, 10:13 PM
thanks i hope you enjoy the tasting L:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: OL

hectors house
29-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Will they register me as my dog lives in the kitchen? This is why I haven't contacted them as I supply hot meals for all children and worried that because dog is in kitchen they will close me down.

Have done food hygiene course and instructor said her dog lived in her kitchen but she wasn't running a food business from home.

What do other dog owners do?

jibberjitz
29-04-2009, 10:13 AM
We got given a form during pre-reg training to fill in the register, haven't done it yet though as no mindees yet :)

littlestar
29-04-2009, 10:52 AM
oh sorry yes i have that book its on top of my fridge i havent heard anything since registering though its been a year does that sound right?:panic:

Andrea08
29-04-2009, 10:56 AM
sorry was getting mixed up with an other thread ,,, in my seaside town we do not need to gegister because there are far too many food buisnesses and cm's dont need to register so for once im let off the hook lol

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Ring your local council and they will send you the form. It is for anyone that prepared food on the premises.

They may come out or give you a phone interview.

The food hygiene course is a good help too